It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Does anyone heer like electronica or techno? if so tell me whut you lisen to. ^_^

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In the 'electro' genre is also a group called Crossbreed. A mixture of electro and metal. Pretty awesome.

The new Prodigy sounds pretty cool. And every once in a while, I'll bust out Psycobitch.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
let see
- paul van dyke
- paul okenfold
- dj tiesto
- alice dj, very very old school
- fragma
- project c

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
heh cool im lisening to Tiesto rite now

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I love "techno"

i like everythign from the pop type stuff from lasgo and Kylie Maloge to the deep stuff. My fave artist tho is Darude. He is such a pimp. I love everyone one of his songs. I would love to hear of some new artist. If yall know anyone and really like em would yall please u2u me there names and tracks i need to find some new stuff.

Oh im goin to see Okenfold here soon wooT

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
let see
- paul van dyke
- paul okenfold
- dj tiesto
- alice dj, very very old school
- fragma
- project c

Very good listing there. I'll put my favorite Prodigy in the list. Gotta love Maxim in Breathe. (HOT!)

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Orb
Zero7
Delerium
Synethesia
The Art of Noise
Enigma
and the 'Godfathers' of it all.....
Kraftwerk -j; )

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Do not forget these masters from Sheffield:

Richard H Kirk & Stephen Mallinder
Gregory, Marsh & Ware

Nor

Chris & Cosey

nor Severed Heads.

Lest we forget the bleep and fart brigade.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ATB and armin van buuren

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I like deep dish, armand van helden, fatboy slim, deiselboy, anabolic frolic, groove armada...the list goes on

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I like some of the music already posted on this thread. However, my brother and fanatical raver, criticizes me all the time for listening to commercial crap and not understanding the subtle nuances of electronic music. What a dork. Anyway this site is a great tutorial in electronic music.

Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music

There's tons of samples of various genres of electronic music as well as a phylogenic tree displaying where each genre originated.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Lately I have been getting into hard trance. Basicly anything with a really 'stompy' beat. Can anyone give me band suggestions?

Just to give you an idea, the main type of music that I listen to is Industrial Dance and Electric Body Music (ie VNV Nation, Covenant, Apop, Icon of Coil, DeVision, Funker Vogt, Negative Format, And One, Lights of Euphoria, God Module, etc). The trance that I have found and enjoyed is stuff like BK & DAVE the Drummer-Soul Image, K90-Red Snapper, Zombie Nation-Soul At Zero and a few Blank & Jones songs.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Words can't explain how much I love Techno, My favorite artists are:

Dj Sammy
BT
Paul Van Dyk
Paul Oakenfold
ATB
4 Strings
Miss Jane
Darude
Felix Da HouseCat
Richard Humpty Vision
Dj Irene

The list goes on and on, and then theirs the songs that you never hear the name of the Artist like on the Radio.

P.S. Does anyone know of a Trance song that have following lyrics "Do you believe in Love, Salutations" If so please give me a U2U i've been looking for the song for years.

[edit on 02/03/05 by Grey Fox]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Infected Mushroom
Prodigy
Thievery Corporation
Air
Dr. Octagon
I guess RJD2 and Company Flow could fit under 'Electronica' also

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i like electronica
. Astral projection, infected mushroom, bt, and space buddhist are great. Also ladytron, fischerspooner, felix da housecat, scissor sisters are also great artists. Your my disco, playing on the radio!

[edit on 15-3-2005 by malakiem]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, I cannot believe that one name hasn't been mentioned yet: AUTECHRE!
While their new stuff may appear too abrasive to some people you would be a fool to ignore their earlier releases, LPs like INCUNABULA, AMBER, TRI REPETAE or LP5, or EPs like GARBAGE, PEEL SESSION, ANVIL VAPRE or ENVANE.
Also consider yourself lucky when you find anything by GESCOM.

Apart from AE there are other notable WARP-ARTISTS like APHEX TWIN(no way around him!); TWO LONE SWORDSMEN, SABRES OF PARADISE, LFO or B12.

And on SKAM there are BOLA(check out SOUP!) and QUINOLINE YELLOW.

And don't miss those great Germans like MONOLAKE, GAS(very dense ambient/ambient techno that will blow you away) and just about anything on KOMPAKT(the TOTAL samplers are wonderful).

Well, that's the most important things that come to my mind right now.
When it comes to electronic music it is strange that the firs or even only name so many people mention is PAUL OAKENFOLD.
In my eyes all of the above mentioned artists would blow Mr. Oakenfold out of the water before breakfast!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There are also important artists from Detroit:
Old masters are DERRICK MAY, JUAN ATKINS LARRY HEARD and CARL CRAIG.

Then there is some serious electro by DREXCIYA, JAPANESE TELECOM, ARPANET, DOPPLEREFFEKT, TRANSLLUSION and others.

There are sure maaaaany more great artists I've never heard or heard of, but what can you do?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Reviving an old thread

I love electronica, it is energizing.
The energy is so high in the middle of the crowd dancing in a trance.
The feeling is amazing.

I will be in Playa Del Carmen, Dec 31st to Jan 9 2011, at the BPM Festival.
See you there.

edit on 7-12-2010 by St-Patrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus187

well heres some old school stuff for ya.... sorry about the narcessistic video but the music is good 1979 electro

Looks like hes walking around Area 51 Too..... tip top techno of the day... please dont shoot the messewnger

PEACE,
RK

PS I got more for you later

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
and one more piece from thi album

enjoy,

PEACE'
RK
edit on 10-12-2010 by Rigel Kent because: (no reason given)

join