It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Priesse: Ohio Early Voting Process Should Not Accommodate Black Voters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In a stunning bit of honesty -

"I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban -- read African-American -- voter-turnout machine," Doug Priesse said in an email to the Columbus Dispatch Sunday. "Let's be fair and reasonable."
- from here

"Let's be fair and reasonable"??? REALLY?

What is not fair and reasonable about extending voting hours so more people can vote?

I have to wonder if he'd say this if he thought black voters would vote for him?? Of course he would - it's "fair and reasonable"!!

edit on 20-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
When will this horse crap stop...

When will we as Americans be fed up enough to stand up and give the middle finger to the TWO party system?

Vote every single incumbent out, just once.

Watch how fast this crap stop if we just did it one time, from local to federal, get them all out.

This is what happens when they are soooooo desperate to hold on to power, they trample the very ideals this nation once stood for.

The dems pander to Ethnic minorities, tossing them a bone when they need the vote, meanwhile the Reps try to stop them from voting.

Enough is enough.
edit on 20-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thread title it totally misleading.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Really? In what way?

Edit: I've changed it to a copy of the actual headline - it's longer....but I'm pretty sure it says the same thing
edit on 20-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

In the way that the headline is accurate and spelling out the truth.
Isn't it funny how you're only playing "the race card" when you're calling out racism?
Isn't it funny how adding laws (growing government) isn't an issue when the GOP writes laws?
Isn't it funny how this wasn't a hot issue until a biracial man got into the oval office?

No, I don't think everyone that dislikes Obama is racist. I don't like Obama myself but this voter ID issue is pure racism. You need an ID for privileges, not rights.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What are you talking about?? thsi isn't an ID issue - go start your own thread!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I was actually defending you and you're right this isn't about the new Voter ID laws, it's just in addition to them. My thinking was that it would add weight to the correctness of your thread title. I'm sorry for trying to help and engaging in a discussion.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

And here you have it further proof from their own mouths that the early voting issue in Ohio isn't about anything other than suppressing turnout. This is why weekend and evening hours were not going to happen in the urban counties of Ohio. By his own statements only people in the rural counties were going to be given extended hours. Because apparently the early voting process should accommodate rural voters. When the truth is voting early, absentee or on election day should accommodate as many citizens we possibly can.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

But, it is the title from the source
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I changed it after he posted - hence the edit comment in my post following the one you're replying to....sorry...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
His name is Doug Priesse, not Ron; and for the record, the thread title accurately captures what he said.

The real goal is to eliminate the early in-person voting on the Weekends, since that is when "Souls to the Polls" occurs. Souls to the Polls is church-organized event in which parishioners without cars or transportation can be taken to the election polls to vote. It also happens on a Sunday, being that it is a church event. So naturally, the GOP has eliminated ALL weekend voting.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
His name is Doug Priesse, not Ron; ...

quite right - how did I screw that up????

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
He is quite correct, while being completely wrong. Black voters should be accomodated. Everyone regardless of race should be accomodated equally. With that said they should do early voting for all, or for none.
edit on 23-8-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
"I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban -- read African-American -- voter-turnout machine," -- Doug Priesse

"...The urban -- read African-American -- read darkies -- read "n-word" -- voters," That's what he might as well have come out and said.

Let me ask - what is so wrong with accommodating voters? Shouldn't the goal be to get 100% of voters voting? Apparently not, at least not for the GOP. By their own admission they don't want to accommodate the "urban" voter, but they have no problem accommodating the suburban/country club voter ( -- read Anglo-American)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So.... no Caucasian or Mexican or Asian people live in urban areas?
Isn't it racist in itself to assume only black people live in inner city areas?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
this is so blatantly racist, how can anyone defend this...do we really have that many KKK members on ATS?...talk about ugly americans. i

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think it should be fine to accomodate voters, so long as they have proper I.D. I simply can not understand how we don't need to show I.D. to vote. It really is beyond comprehension. Anyone who knows a person's name and street adress can walk in to vote giving these simple pieces of info. Easiest fraud out there.

Really incomphrehensable to me. Along with dead people still being on those lists. Voting is a right, but it is also a privillege. If yo can not find a way to get an I.D. by the time voting happens, you don't deserve to vote.

new topics

top topics

join