It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Emails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
In 2008 I supported Obama and somewhere along the way must have submitted my email address. Now it seems I am being bombarded with emails from his campaign at least one or two and sometimes more each day. It makes me feel like I am being sold a used car or being tricked into a scam or something. I find it pretty distasteful. If one was going to vote for him come November, would this repeated spam make you more or less likely to vote for him.? Are we seeing the same volume of emails on the Romney/ Ryan side?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I doubt it.

Think of it this way, spam emails are virtually free to send. Judging by the way the economy is still tanking and the debt keeps rising, spam emails are probably the only way president Obama can secure votes.

He made way too many promises when he was campaigning. I think he had the right idea but you can't promise everyone they will be prosperous. It's not possible.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I feel sorry for you. Part of it is conditioning familiarity, you are more likely to vote for someones name if you see it more. Another part of it is that the more money a candidate has the more likely they will win.

I haven't signed up for anything political so I get the normal scam/pron/male enhancement emails, oh and that prince over in south Africa, he wants me to do him a favor.

Wish I could answer your other side email comments but, yeah its a politician, they will sing you a song.
edit on 18-8-2012 by calnorak because: Fixing before the Grammar Nazis see it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's hard to have sympathy for you but I will try. Every email account has an options or settings for it. Go there and block the address of whoever is sending the election spam. It's fairly simple and unless you're almost computer illiterate you should be able to do it. If not get some help from the family or a friend. My best,

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
In 2008 I supported Obama and somewhere along the way must have submitted my email address. Now it seems I am being bombarded with emails from his campaign at least one or two and sometimes more each day. It makes me feel like I am being sold a used car or being tricked into a scam or something. I find it pretty distasteful. If one was going to vote for him come November, would this repeated spam make you more or less likely to vote for him.? Are we seeing the same volume of emails on the Romney/ Ryan side?

I, too, *facepalm* supported Obama in 2008.

I was receiving e-mail after e-mail from his campaign (Barack, Michelle, numerous others I don't know who the Hell they are...) so I decided to unsubscribe from the e-mails one day. I went to the page where I entered my e-mail address to take myself off the list and submitted. Not FIVE MINUTES LATER there was another e-mail... so I unsubscribed AGAIN. This continued to happen to me for two weeks until *poof* I no longer receive e-mails from the campaign. I know I entered my e-mail address correctly each time to unsubscribe and was sure it was the unsubscribe page... My question is, WHY DID I KEEP RECEIVING AFTER UNSUBSCRIBING!?

Glad that fiasco is over... now to correct my mistake from 2008 in November...
edit on 8/19/2012 by cassiper because: typo

new topics

top topics

join