It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulled over on the Highway by Cops in a TANK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hwy 82 Witchita Falls,TX…WTF? This is a Sheriff in a light armored tank with a gun turret pulling people over for speeding. Flashing red/blue lights and all. I would not have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. We are so screwed! — with Marianne Stebbins, witchita Falls, Freddy Crisp III, Erik Daniel Blair and Pamm Adams Skogen.

2012patriot.wordpress.com...

Just lovely, that is.

Like I said before, the police won't be happy until they have tactical nukes in their arsenals.

:shk:

But it's ok....just hand them the grease Amerika.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen...not the most efficient way to get in and out of a vehicle...I'm not sure about this one...
The two images are of different vehicles..the armored vehicle has three wheels on each side and the donated armored vehicle with the guy and presumably kid coming out of the top has four wheels..I call stinker on this
edit on 17-8-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The thing is broken down, look at the front left tire...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Although this is still the police and if it's indeed a real picture/scenario, it's sure a soft way to gauge the people's reaction and push forward with full Martial Law IMO.

Peace

edit on 17-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't worry, its just a demonstration vehicle.......
The officer is demonstrating how things will be one day.........

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Not sure if I'm buying this one or not. The highest speed I can find ( on the fly ) for a US tank is about 62 MPH - and I've lived in the Dallas area of Texas... on a highway? The blue lights wouldn't even stay in your mirror long enough to see 'em at that speed - other than in traffic.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Good observation...and probably owned by a civilian picking one of these things up at some government auction..nice catch

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its a Canadian AVGP
AVGP

edit on 8/17/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm never one to call out a post, but where is any evidence tying in the pictures? That Stryker looks (as someone else pointed out) like it broke down (front flat tire). I don't see any police presence, or anything to indicate that they are "giving tickets".

I've seen these things driving down the highway by my house, going to an Army reserve base, and while they are faster than say an M1A1 or an M3 Bradley... they are still quite slow compared to normal everyday vehicles. Certainly a very poor choice for speed enforcement. That is why a lot of highway patrols are using Challengers and Camaro's now (at least where I am).

Again, I'm not criticizing the OP. Please don't think that. I don't call out posts. But this one really just seems like someone put an idea to a picture.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is not a tank. Though i do not get why (military?) armored vehicle is used to control traffic. It is slower and less manuevrable then most cars. Ploice wants to be able to skip over traffic jams. Literally.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Omg its becoming true

Dominion: Tank Police

www.animereq.com...

en.wikipedia.org...:_Tank_Police

www.imdb.com...
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

those crazy canadians..think they can take their armored personnel carriers anywhere

edit on 17-8-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Wait a second... are you saying that CANADA HAS INVADED TEXAS?????

I KNEW THOSE OVERLY FRIENDLY CANUCKS WERE UP TO SOMETHING!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hah! I live in Wichita Falls(Notice the correct spelling). I know exactly where that picture was taken.......which coincidentally is only a mile or two away from Sheppard Air Force Base. It was more than likely on it's way to the base when it suffered a flat. We see convoys of tanks and military equipment pass through all the time.

....like it has been said in this thread already......there is no way that vehicle could keep up with highway traffic.

Nothing unusual to see here.

edit on 8/17/2012 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

top topics

join