It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red UFO over Syktyvkar, Russia - August 14 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I think this is quite good footage. Of course, now I have said that someone will debunk this in the first post. I personally think this isn't extraterrestrial - probably just a military test of new technology. Also, having taken a look at this persons YouTube channel I don't believe this video is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I see these ALL the time here in California! No idea what they are and they usually just dim out into nothing and sometimes take up to an hour to disappear. And have seen more than one at the same time.

This is the reason I started coming to ATS when I was 15 im 21 now... and still no answers.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I see a slow moving light in the sky. How rare and exciting.

Could be anything explainable. Don't expect a 25 page debate about it, if there was more to work with than just a bright light far away, then maybe there would be something to speculate upon.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Well... it is a ufo. You do not know what is is right?

Is it extraterrestrial maybe maybe not.

Its still unidentified.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Or... It could be Venus.
Very bright before dawn right now.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Coming from you of all people???

Its moving if you actually pay attention.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Ah. Ok.
Any reason it couldn't be an airplane with landing lights on?
We see that a lot here.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 8/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yup landing lights. Your correct. That's why I see them going east sometimes when all that is to the east is forest. Well to me that is.

They don't just turn off, I've seen them explode, dim out, and also release other lights.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Did I miss the light in the OP doing those things too?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And yes that is a plane on youtube. Its blinking. These do not.

And I am not specifically talking about this one. The ones I have seen.
edit on 16-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Oh, Ok.
Well this thread is about the video, not the ones you've seen.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by Phage

Yup landing lights. Your correct. That's why I see them going east sometimes when all that is to the east is forest. Well to me that is.

They don't just turn off, I've seen them explode, dim out, and also release other lights.

I have seen bright slow moving lights light up 1 at a time until there were about 8 of them. They looked like candle flames from a distance, twinkling, dancing lights all lined up like the Phoenix Lights incident. Some did appear to drop balls of light like a burning piece of plastic.

I thought those were all UFOs. But there was an airport nearby and those were probably planes lined up to land, dimming out 1 at a time while others appeared out of nowhere. The dripping balls of light were most likely atmospheric lensing or such that made the headlights appear to drip light.

Try to go with the likely scenario, then entertain the out of the box concepts. This is likely a normal, human built aircraft, helicopter, plane, army toy, whatever. Good looking out though.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Gotcha. All I got was you are less credible than what I originally thought. Im saying this looks exactly like what I've seen multiple times. But since you were there with me I have to agree with you Haha.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
it looks like the ufo that was spotted at the dome of the rock in jerusalem last year, just you know,.. red.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I have to say that is actually a pretty good find, star for you

no, not the best fotage i'll admit, but it still struck me as odd....it's moving, but not like a plane, its got a light, but not like a plane.... could still be terrestrial though, I did some work in the city of townsville recently and saw a few odd thing some like this, but townsville is a HIGHLY ACTIVE military town, which leads me to believe that you may be looking at the testing of new tech.

Love, Light and all that crap....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I believe it may be a plane and could have something to with the fact that the Russian air force has just celebrated its centenary .
The person that filmed the video had another sighting later the same day .

Video Description translation
After 1.5 hours, again came out on the balcony .. and what do you think? Again the flies! At this time, my appointment, and then turn left, and as it turned out, far away there were at least two pieces (the second came across by chance, the video shows). After I filmed the video and turned off the camera, above the house next door to the right there is another bright ball, though very close (I did not notice right away, I saw a side view), but so far I have included a camera, he slowly disappeared .. (probably knew of my intentions)))). After a while, once again came out on the balcony and heard the sound of a helicopter in the distance (maybe the military .. and maybe a coincidence). In any case, a lot of experience today.

Russian Air Force centenary air show continues

edit on 16-8-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Then what is this?

Same thing from my hometown.

Or this?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

They don't have much to do with the OP but.

First one looks like the ISS.

Second one looks like a weather balloon bursting.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

ATTENTION: Discuss the TOPIC not other members!
edit on August 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Omg i didnt know that there were two ISS.

Because thats sure what i saw if what you said was true.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join