It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we grant Asylum unconditionally?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Greens party in Australian politics wants to love everybody. And it is a grand notion, and one that i would love to be reality. But where they fail, is they think that if they believe it then it must be reality. I say this in relation to their Asylum seeker policy and how they want to treat the illegal boat people from Indonesia coming to Australia.

So many boats are arriving in our waters every month it seems now. It is because labor and the greens have a soft policy that give the poor desperate Indonesian's seeking refuge the idea that if they get into Australian waters they will become Australian's or at the very least, be processed on main land Australia.
My issue on top of this is the greens want to let every refugee in. I wish we could, but its the risk's involved with such a policy that they never pay attention to. If we allowed everyone asylum, imagine how many would be attempting the voyage on rusty boats, imagine how many may die. There is already blood i believe on Labors hands due to their week policy, but if the greens ever got their way, i cringe to think of the consequences. Of course the greens would just say it was the right thing to do.
Now one more aspect i almost forgot, if you were to grant them all asylum, imagine the light bulb going off in the minds of Islamist extremists, of which they don't have a shortage of in Indonesia. And the worst thing is, the greens have a stranglehold on the youth of this country, mainly in the cities, and mainly because they do have solid environmental policies, albeit always a little irresponsible. I used to vote for the greens, but never again. They one mined views are dangerous.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't know much about Australian politics, but man you got the American-style rhetoric and propaganda down to a T!

You even got an "Islamic extremist" in there!

How did you do that?

new topics

join