It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-51A Hypersonic Craft that the military is about to "start testing"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The more and more i see the news on a local, regional, national and international level we are seeing these leaps and bounds of technology and a higher frequency of UFO sightings/Alien Encounters. Seems like we are being desensitized at a very fast rate. This craft can travel LA to NY in less than one hour!! This to me is just another form of that....you cant tell me the military is just now testing this....just as everything else the government keeps us in the shadows for 25-50 years at a time until new technology is released. Just a simple FYI post but your thoughts and comments are appreciated to start a conversation.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 13-8-2012 by MonkeyWrench30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I suppose this type of delivery system will be great for Americas next civil war, one side of the continent to the other in 49mins, add a Tactical nuke and hey presto. Am not advocating this scenario, but i do think it would be the perfect weapon. Mach 6 is pritty dam fast, can we shoot down something going this fast?
edit on 13-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I as well feel that we the layman are spoon fed ages old tech just to keep our taste buds primed and ready for the real show, when and if the govs of the world feel like giving us one.

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The Pentagon said it spent about $2 billion on technology and engineering around hypersonic flight over the last decade, the Times reports. This program is estimated to cost $140 million, according to Globalsecurity.org, a military policy research website.
That's all good and well, but what about funding for an energy free technology? Oh, if it doesn't give somebody the ability to f@#k someone else up better then it's not really worth serious consideration. Or maybe it's just there is no money in energy free tech.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What is the exact route this aircraft will take tomorrow?

Will it fly across the US and will it cause a sonic boom?

Also .....Is there a chance it could trigger a quake?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

This craft can travel LA to NY in less than one hour!!

"In preparation for landing, please kiss your arse goodbye... thank you for flying Boeing missile-delivery airlines"

After about 300 seconds in to flight, the WaveRider will break up after splashing into the Pacific, which would be considered going according to plan.

Source

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Already discussed here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mach 4 over to that thread

new topics

top topics

join