It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederates Attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A sad day in the history of military aviation as the Yankee Air Museum, located outside Detroit, MI. goes up in smoke. The museum houses many WWII vintage aircraft. The blaze comes amid "questionable" circumstances. Could this be a nefarious event?

www.clickondetroit.com
The airport, 25 miles west of Detroit, is owned and operated by the Wayne County Airport Authority. Spokesman Mike Conway did not immediately return a telephone message.

The Yankee Air Museum was founded in 1981 and includes functioning historic aircraft, fixed displays and historic artifacts, according to the museum"s Web site. Its focal point was the 1941 hangar that burned Saturday night.

Construction of the Ford-owned Willow Run plant was completed in September 1941; by the end of 1944 it was producing a bomber an hour. By the end of World War II, Willow Run produced 8,685 B-24 Liberator bombers, the Web site said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

An interesting side note. The hangar, standing since 1941, was in negotiations to be relocated due to upcoming renovations and expansions to one of the runways. The possibility of arson is being investigated. Who would benefit from the fire?

My question is what alibi does the Confererate Air Force have on the day of the blaze?

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW266
My question is what alibi does the Confererate Air Force have on the day of the blaze?

[edit on 11-10-2004 by SHADOW266]

They were all over my house playing poker

That is sad a big hunk of history up in smoke

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Was it poker in the front and liquor in the rear?

new topics

join