It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan is the cloeset thing to Ron Paul that his supporters will ever see in Washington.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is it guys, Ron Paul is just not going to make it so we could be looking at the next POTUS after Romney if we want to keep the Government fiscally responsible. I'm not saying that Romney is the best thing since slice bread, but he could be a gateway to get our out of control government under control with Ryan following in a coup de grace move to put USA back on track from 8 years of Bush and 4 massive years under Obama derailing everything we see as sacred.

I just hope Romney's pick is showing us the direction he is willing to go.. and I do not see Ryan as a shrill in anything, so I don't see him being quiet, taking some back seat, something he has never done. One thing you can say about the guy, he is not afraid to let you know where he stands on everything, that's for sure...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The only thing this guy has in common with ron paul is his name. I believe he voted for the patriot act, the ndaa, and a host of other anti constitutional bills and laws. He's just another puppet in a long line of puppets.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
How could even make such a comparison? Is this a joke thread? I certainly hope so...

1. His budget plans include big cuts, and there's ample room for Democrats to continue with their "Romneyhood narrative." The nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities estimates 62 percent of Ryan's cuts are to programs for the poor.

2. Ryan's budget proposals have included big changes to Medicare - including gradually replacing the program with a voucher program for private health care, and gradually raising the retirement age. That could scare older Americans, a crucial voting bloc.

3. He voted for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP. While a lot of other Republicans did too, and it was proposed by the Bush administration, some have viewed it as a rejection of the conservative economic values Ryan and hard-line fiscal conservatives espouse.

4. He's easily pegged as Washington insider. He's been in Congress since 1999, and before that he worked as a congressional staffer. Congressional approval ratings are abysmally low- a recent CBS News/NY Times poll showed that only 12 percent of voters approve of the way Congress is doing its job.

5. This is both a pro and a con to Ryan, depending on who you ask, but he's notably further to the left on the issue of lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender rights than the base of the party. He broke with a lot of his party to support the Employee Non-Discrimination Act in 2007. He explained his reasoning for the vote in this way: "They [his gay friends] didn't roll out of bed one morning and choose to be gay. That's who they are."

The only thing I'm with him on is number 5.

link   
Paul Ryan is an establishment shill. He loves authoritarian government, just look at his voting record. Anyone that voted for the NDAA act is garbage. Also voted against cutting funds to Afghanistan war but is supposed to be "fiscally conservative"...yeah alright.
I guess giving tax cuts to millionaires makes one fiscally conservative nowadays.

edit on 11-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

link   
the closest thing to ron paul?

im dying... hahahahah

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow what a INSULT to Ron Paul.

This guy is clearly another puppet.

Even if Paul Ryan was as close to Ron Paul as you could get, Mitt Romney would never give him VP position...

Kinda leaves me speechless to even compare the two

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wait...was the OP being sarcastic?

There IS a difference between balancing the budget in 40 years (Paul Ryan) and balancing the budget in 3 years (Ron Paul).

OP, I hope you understand this.

Paul Ryan is everything Ron Paul is against.

Did you really think you could pull a quick one on the Ron Paul supporters of ATS? I mean...REALLY?

Go ahead and vote for Romney/Ryan and get the same B.S. that you're trying to vote against.
More wars
More spending
Bigger government
More financial fraud
More corruption
More bailouts
More stripping of the constitution
More TSA checkpoints
More gun walking

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
This is it guys, Ron Paul is just not going to make it so we could be looking at the next POTUS after Romney if we want to keep the Government fiscally responsible. I'm not saying that Romney is the best thing since slice bread, but he could be a gateway to get our out of control government under control with Ryan following in a coup de grace move to put USA back on track from 8 years of Bush and 4 massive years under Obama derailing everything we see as sacred.

I just hope Romney's pick is showing us the direction he is willing to go.. and I do not see Ryan as a shrill in anything, so I don't see him being quiet, taking some back seat, something he has never done. One thing you can say about the guy, he is not afraid to let you know where he stands on everything, that's for sure...

LOL!
Sorry but this is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. That's the problem people are just hoping instead of looking at the facts of Romneys proven track record of lying...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
As a railroader, I do not pay into social security. I pay into railroad retirement. (This is not tax payer funded) It is fully funded by railroaders themselves.

Paul Ryan wants to get into our retirement. which he says will save tax payers 2 billion dollars. (WTF!?!?). They are not even paying into it.

I can retire at 60 with the railroad.

I DO NOT WANT TO WORK UNTIL I'M 67.

...I dislike who is in office now. But you can surly bet I will NOT be voting for Romney/Ryan

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

We Ron Paul people are much smarter than that and a lookalike name is not going to fool us. We have seen it all and we are not gonna fall for the tricks. We will be voting for Ron Paul regardless.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
No WAY you can compare these two...........

No WAY.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Paul Ryan, the TRUE CONSERVATIVE that backs up his talk with allll walk.

Paul Ryan on Bailouts and Government Stimuli -Voted YES on TARP (2008) -Voted YES on Economic Stimulus HR 5140 (2008) -Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008) -Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009) Paul Ryan on Entitlement Programs -Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003) -Voted YES on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006) -Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008) -Voted YES on Head Start Act (2007) Paul Ryan on Education Rep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position, which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education. -Voted YES on No Child Left Behind Act (2001) Paul Ryan on Civil Liberties -Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005) -Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005) -Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow someone hit a nerve!

I like Ryan. Not sure why everyone is saying that Ryan is a government shill when Ron Paul has been in Congress almost longer than Ryan has been alive. Yes, the reason he is similar to Ron Paul is his name? How does that even work? Paul is Ron Paul's last name. Paul is Paul Ryan's first name. So no, that's not what OP was talking about.

Paul Ryan is as far right as Mitt Romney could take it without it being another Sarah Palin. There would be no way that Romney would choose Paul as VP. Ron Paul would be more dramatic than Sarah Palin and a Romney/Paul ticket would be an automatic Obama Win!

Paul Ryan is a tea party hero. His budget plan is perfect, because it can be implemented through congress and not through some Ron Paul Obama like executive Order
edit on 11-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Wow someone hit a nerve!

Paul Ryan is a tea party hero. His budget plan is perfect, because it can be implemented through congress and not through some Ron Paul Obama like executive Order

Like I said he is the closest thing to Ron Paul that the Ron Paul supporters will ever see in office....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Wow someone hit a nerve!

Like I said he is the closest thing to Ron Paul that the Ron Paul supporters will ever see in office....

He is nothing like Ron Paul, his rhetoric sounds ok, but his voting record is terrible, he is closer to mittens, newt, santo rum, Obama than he is Paul, your record means something and his is deplorable. Some of you are easily fooled. Paul Ryan is another shill.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
The only thing this guy has in common with ron paul is his name. I believe he voted for the patriot act, the ndaa, and a host of other anti constitutional bills and laws. He's just another puppet in a long line of puppets.

Star for you. I cant believe this thread title is meant to be serious.

new topics

top topics

join