It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Lasers Reveal Buried Historical Structures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is becoming a new trend among archaeologist, and i love it.

Using satellits,high altitude Laser Measurements and drones to discover the history buried underground and impossible to see from groundlevel.
It has been done for many years but they keep getting better as they discover new and better/easier ways of doing it.

And nice to see that drones are not only used to spy on us

news.vanderbilt.edu...

There is ofcause a limit to how deep they can penetrate, but still cool stuff is brought to the surface, and more of history is revealed, and i think we will all love to see this used in some of the more interesting parts of the world like Egypt, South America and such, as they are allready doing.

www.spiegel.de...
Slide the bar pictures

Archaeology is being revolutionized by remote-scanning techniques that use lasers to detect otherwise invisible ground features. The technology digitally extracts vegetation for a clean image of the earth's surface. Archaeologists in Germany have already discovered thousands of new sites.

The Boyne Valley in Ireland, for example, contains three prehistoric monuments that are part of the Brú na Bóinne UNESCO World Heritage Site . A team with the Irish research project "Discovery Programme" scanned the already heavily researched area with lasers, finding a number of small mounds, possible burial tombs and Stone Age earthworks. The map was practically filled with points of potential archaeological interest.

More pictures inside

A team with the Irish research project "Discovery Programme" scanned the already heavily researched area with lasers

finding a number of small mounds, possible burial sites and Stone Age earthworks. The map was practically filled with points of potential archaeological interest, shown here in red. The green dots indicate already known sites.

Some info on Google earth archeology, and some linky inside.
www.dailygalaxy.com...
archaeology.about.com...

edit on 11-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2012 by Mianeye because: Spelling and such

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see them do it in the area of Rennes le Chateau in France.

edit on 11-8-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

That is one good suggestion right there

Google Earth coordinates: 42°55′41″N 2°15′48″E
www.crystalinks.com...
Other link with more of the mysteries

Rennes Le Chateau, is located in Languedoc, France an unspoiled area of southern France. There are many mysteries surrounding Rennes Le Chateau that link with the Holy Grail, the Ark of Noah, the Ark of the Covenant and the treasures of the Temple of Solomon. These mysteries have baffled researchers for hundreds of years.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I would love to see what kind of imagery we've got of the bottom of the oceans

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
This is becoming a new trend among archaeologist, and i love it.

Using satellits,high altitude Laser Measurements and drones to discover the history buried underground and impossible to see from groundlevel.
It has been done for many years but they keep getting better as they discover new and better/easier ways of doing it.

And nice to see that drones are not only used to spy on us

news.vanderbilt.edu...

There is ofcause a limit to how deep they can penetrate, but still cool stuff is brought to the surface, and more of history is revealed, and i think we will all love to see this used in some of the more interesting parts of the world like Egypt, South America and such, as they are allready doing.

www.spiegel.de...
Slide the bar pictures

Archaeology is being revolutionized by remote-scanning techniques that use lasers to detect otherwise invisible ground features. The technology digitally extracts vegetation for a clean image of the earth's surface. Archaeologists in Germany have already discovered thousands of new sites.

The Boyne Valley in Ireland, for example, contains three prehistoric monuments that are part of the Brú na Bóinne UNESCO World Heritage Site . A team with the Irish research project "Discovery Programme" scanned the already heavily researched area with lasers, finding a number of small mounds, possible burial tombs and Stone Age earthworks. The map was practically filled with points of potential archaeological interest.

More pictures inside

A team with the Irish research project "Discovery Programme" scanned the already heavily researched area with lasers

finding a number of small mounds, possible burial sites and Stone Age earthworks. The map was practically filled with points of potential archaeological interest, shown here in red. The green dots indicate already known sites.

Some info on Google earth archeology, and some linky inside.
www.dailygalaxy.com...
archaeology.about.com...

edit on 11-8-2012 by Mianeye because: Spelling and such

This is an important thread, wether people believe the A.A. theory nor not, this will speed up the process of understanding who made the megalithic stones hopefully.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank you so much. This is precisely the kind of story that got me addicted to ATS. Well done. This may lead to the truth about Ireland being the cradle of civilization.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Thank you so much. This is precisely the kind of story that got me addicted to ATS. Well done. This may lead to the truth about Ireland being the cradle of civilization.

Completely agree and want to 2nd that.
This is why I came here too
Fantastic find.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It is an interesting and exciting method being used to find things we seem to overlook, and there is countless possibilities that it could be used to find places, lost in Antiquity, but I think this was noted within The Legendary Lost City of "Ciudad Blanca" Found Under Tropical Forest in Honduras which was posted just two months ago.

And this article itself, was presented there as well. in late July.

Just noting, using the Search Engine does make things easier. Even the Title you offered is noted.

Next we'll be finding out they used this tech, to possibly find Ciudad Blanca.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

I get your point, and must admit that i didn't do a search, i just tried with my titel and it did find the thread you just linked, so i can't excuse with "the search engine on ATS sucks" It works fine...

Anyway, a lot of threads get lost in the forum jungel of ATS, so a thread on it's own about this case i guess is allright, i have seen worse duplicates in here. You made the post in the other thread, so thats why you noticed, no one else would have

But thanks for the other link, i missed that one somehow

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Am i the only one here thinking of project blue beam? The conspiracy theory mentions archaeological finds becore the grand event.

Especially since one of these pictures looks a lot like anomalies on the moon or mars that ats people say "omg aoien moon base" about...lol

Regardless, this is cool...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Very interesting! Can you imagine this tech in 10-20 years time? It will probably be able to spot unfound oil wells, perhaps gold rich lands which will be snapped up on the cheap because of insider information.

I want it! :

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Very interesting! Can you imagine this tech in 10-20 years time? It will probably be able to spot unfound oil wells, perhaps gold rich lands which will be snapped up on the cheap because of insider information.

I want it! :

Sure, I can see it as the Tool of ATF, going through out the States searching for caches of Weapons when they are coming to take your Guns away from you.

I think though, the imagery is specific to noting "disturbances" in the "Original Landscape" apposed to an Xray.

They would be able to find spots where something occurred at this spot and we can see the area effected, and the outline it is presenting.

I do not think they will be able to peer through the earth to find, say a 1200 LBS nugget of Gold, only 1 mile down in the ground. Sure it would be nice, but I don't think it will work that way.

But I am no Scientist or Technician, so I maybe completely wrong.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i hope they use this on antartica

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

No, don't worry too much. I likely would have started a separate thread for the subject in July, if the neigh sayers about using this Tech, didn't provoke me to respond with a few examples of how this is working elsewhere in the Other Thread.

As your thread is noting now.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I seen a documentary where they were finding possible candidates for ancient pyramids using similar tech.
They found several mountains in mexico that have angles that are suspicious of being man made.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
S & F

Thank you for posting this info.

Hopefully more shall be revealed elsewhere in the world. I'm sure there is a lot more than we know yet to be discovered.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't see this technology being permitted to unveil any authentic archeology that might further awaken us. Instead I see a few insignificant finds followed by the big one, a false find that discredits the history of all religions and ushers in the new world religion.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Now the serpent was more subtle and crafty than any living creature of the field which the Lord God had made. And he [Satan] said to the woman, Can it really be that God has said, You shall not eat from every tree of the garden?
Genesis 3:1

Satan has been deceiving many from the beginning!

7 For the mystery of lawlessness (that hidden principle of rebellion against constituted authority) is already at work in the world, [but it is] restrained only until he who restrains is taken out of the way.
8 And then the lawless one (the antichrist) will be revealed and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of His mouth and bring him to an end by His appearing at His coming.
9 The coming [of the lawless one, the antichrist] is through the activity and working of Satan and will be attended by great power and with all sorts of [pretended] miracles and signs and delusive marvels—[all of them] lying wonders—
10 And by unlimited seduction to evil and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing (going to perdition) because they did not welcome the Truth but refused to love it that they might be saved.
11 Therefore God sends upon them a misleading influence, a working of error and a strong delusion to make them believe what is false,
12 In order that all may be judged and condemned who did not believe in [who refused to adhere to, trust in, and rely on] the Truth, but [instead] took pleasure in unrighteousness.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Why are you trolling so many threads here?

What's your point?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Is that spam?
Glad to see something totally on-topic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join