It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first lucid dream ever!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ok so about two years ago I had my first lucid dream. I had no idea what it was called at the time but it was awesome (scary.) SO! let me tell you a bit about this one...

It started directly in the action. I was running in some kind of huge hallway..kind of airport-like. I don't know. As i'm running I notice a dark shadow or person..whatever, running behind me. Now, I don't know if they running with me or after me. We were just running. A sunkist can appears in my hand and I throw it at them and kept running.

As I ran I noticed that the walls are kind of warping and looking VERY weird. I said to myself, "Oh #! I get it now! I'm dreaming! Well then, let's get this # started." As I concentrated to change the way the place looked, everything turned black. Like I blacked out in my own dream. When I came to I was on my hands and knees and let me tell you. I NEVER want to see my hands as clearly as I saw them in my dream like that ever again. They looked nasty and weird. They were warping into each other with swirls of different shades of tan and brown etc. (i'm a light tan-ish color) Anyway, I was like oh my God, what the heck?

When I realized that I was dreaming, by the way, I was extremely scared like I wasn't supposed to know that I was dreaming, I didn't understand..I just felt completely creeped out and felt anxiety. Anyway.. I tried as hard as I could to wake myself up and nothing worked! I lied myself down and kept repeating to myself to wake up over and over and over. After what seemed like 10 minutes in my dream I finally woke up.

Anyway, it was epic scary.

Anyone have lucid dreams or opinions or anything they'd like to share?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I try to astral project or lucid dream all the time. I've had a few episodes of some weird sleep paralysis, and twice I was able to become aware of my dreaming state. Both times though I had a similar blackout experience as soon as I had the realization. I tried to get back into it, but I ended up just waking up.

Still waiting for someone that is proficient in astral projection to volunteer to pull my consciousness out of my body.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
All the time but none I want to share right now.
As I've gotten older dreams have become like an alternate state, I know I'm dreaming and I know I can usually control what happens.
the lucid ones are always in color and stick with me through the day, or days even.
It's like dreaming is going to another dimension, another world maybe even. trippy. I often see my friends, my husband, people both living and gone.
The really odd thing is sometimes I dream of flying with my sister and when I call her we often fly in dreams on the same night. coincidence ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hum thanks for sharing
i make a lot of lucid dreams to but can beraly remember them
has soon i wake up .. i try to keep my memory of my dreams but they literaly disapear
when i try thinking about the details .. they are slipping out of my mind .. its weird

You had a sunkist candy in your hand and you throwed it at the people running at you ?

that part made me laugh ahah

Dont buy any of these Sunkist candies anymore
i think you had a premonition dream so you can prepare mentaly first
you will in the futur have a "deja vu" about this dream when you had a sunkist in your hand
maybe you saw the futur in this particular dream
the dark people behind you were dark so you cant see who they are

edit on 8/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by winta

Here is my take on a lucid dream..you can taste, feel texture, smell.......and you are aware of this while you are dreaming. These types of dreams also have very vivid color.

Check out you local library if you are very interested, plus the internet.

Welcome to the other world, which is your dreams!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have a question for each of you lucid dreamers:

What method, if any, have you used to induce a lucid dream?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by winta

Congratulations on starting lucid dreams. They can be fun.

My lucid dreams typically are not scary especially after they become lucid and I realize I am dreaming and have power over the dream. It's possible my dreams became lucid to combat the demons in my dreams.

The only time I remember getting stuck in a lucid dream was when I was at the height of power and knowledge in a lucid dream and it seemed like I was stuck there. I was quite bored as well. I decided to make myself human again and then I left the dream and woke up. That was one of my strangest lucid dreams. I felt so powerful and outside my body. It was like my consciousness was everywhere in the universe and connected with everything. In case you're wondering why I was bored, it was because in the lucid dream, I already knew the outcome of every possible event. With no mystery left to discover, life becomes boring and dull. Most of the dream was fun up to that point . It was like I suddenly realized how God must have been bored and lonely. It was a weird dream.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I do not remember a technique to realize I'm dreaming in a dream. I do remember a few times I realized I was dreaming because I was either levitating in the air or flying. After I got used to doing those things in my dreams, I sometimes have to remind myself through some other means. However if you become used to several different powers in your dreams, then the technique to realize you are dreaming can get trickier. In some dreams I am normal. In other dreams I may have super powers and not realize I'm dreaming. It can be a much more interesting dream with super powers.

I remember one time I was floating in deep space and realized I must be dreaming.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have twice paused a dream in the last 6 months, to have a go at flying.

The first time was after I had eaten peanut butter just before I went to sleep, as I had the munchies.(No I don't do that, I have a insomnia problem.)

I loved it.

And all my dreams are in colour and I usually remember my dreams and sometimes I have 2 or 3 a night. But my family is very visual and has a high amount of dyslexia.
Dyslexia in your genepool can mean that family's brains input information through their visual cortex and not the auditory cortex.

Not remembering your dreams, means you have a Vitamin B deficiency BTW.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by winta

I work on a die cutting machine. The front opens and closes all day as I feed it material. Kind of hypnotic, so when I'm daydreaming I can sometimes completely forget I'm working and become totally into the daydreams that I manipulate to my liking all the time. Can this be considered lucid dreaming even though I'm not asleep.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I can fly in my dreams.
Many people report this in their dreams, but I can actually control it.
For over 20 years I have learned how to fly.
I can direct where I go, the speed, and the outcome.
Is that Lucid dreaming?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I believe we astral project/lucid dream every night, it is just a matter of whether you can recall it or not after waking up. Becoming aware in the dream is the hardest part. The only time I can wake up inside the dream is by looking into a mirror, other than that I cannot control my dreams consciously. Then again, I do not get any rest whatsoever. Meditating, eating healthy, getting a good nights rest and keeping a dream journal will help you dramatically in becoming a master of your dreams.

Another trick I know of getting aware of your dreams is by setting an alarm in the middle of the night, I like to set mine at 4am. When I go to sleep and wake up, I am up for about 5-10 minutes until I go back to sleep which I will pick up from the previous dream, only this time my memory is more fresh and aware of the goal to control my dreams.

My girlfriend told me she doesn't see the point in dreams, you cannot do anything with them. That right there made me sad, how can anybody treat such a sacred experience like it's nothing interesting.

Happy dreaming everybody

top topics

join