It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MURDERED !!! for a tin of beans....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi all,

First of all wasn't sure what or which forum to place this in, my first thought was to place it in games and secondly social issues, but subsequently realised that being polite and social wouldn't really cut it, in this scenario, so survival it is.

So the s**** has really hit the fan, ask yourself a serious question.

In real life situation,
Could you, and more importantly would you MURDER for a tin of beans ?

www.youtube.com...
Game is DAYZ btw, just awesome.

Just for the record, " Id have ate his liver with some beans and a nice Chianti." if I could find some..LOL

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
i think dayz is a reflection on the human race. it shows the real nature of people.
im speaking from my own experiences with this game.

none of those experiences are good. ive gotten killed for less then beans, hunted, used as target practise and robbed for some flares. i have never aimed my weapon at any other player except for the infected.

people suck

its a good game but i would prefer to play with AI then people..sad isnt it
edit on 10-8-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Yes, a very true reflection on society today...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

True that man..

There's nothing like telling someone you're friendly, and then having them shoot you in the head with a pistol.

But I'm glad there are some DayZ fans on these forums though, makes me feel even more at home =D

Next I've gotta find the DotA2 nerds ^_^

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
there is a current problem with hackers in the game right now. they are able to sell your keys and ban you for whatever. the issue has come up to the dayz devs but the program running the bans is its own thing so not much they can do til they find out the problem

there are thousands of false bans at the moment

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I have never played Day Z, but it is apparent that the core mechanics which the modders relied upon are excellent. Using the already existing 'real life' aspects of Arma and incorporating that into a survival horror game was a very smart thing to do. The aim seems to be a what if scenario. What if we were to create a game/mod where we give the player free choice? The player is able to act as either an agent of justice or an agent of chaos within the chaos world of Day Z. The mod is playing on a psychological level, where it runs parallel to what people would do when faced with a situation such as the one portrayed in Day Z.

It is quite amazing.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Never played before, but looks epic. I'll be picking it up this weekend

What do you guys think of an ATS clan? then we can watch each others backs in this.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSelfDestruct

I play with about 8 other people right now and we fix up buses to roll 10 deep into cities, and we light sh*t up. It's a good time man

Check out the subreddit for DayZ - lotta cool stuff in there

reddit.com/r/dayz

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
this seems a lot like STALKER...
which is good cause i need a break from League of Legends...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The topic of this thread is "MURDERED !!! for a tin of beans..."

Please keep comments on topic. Thanks.

Hefficide
ATS Moderator

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So, yeah I'd kill for can of beans if hungry enough.
What is this video though, Rainbow6 w/zombies?
And why are they killing Brother Nathaniel @1:08 of the vid?
Predictive programming?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
DayZ has a good idea. It comes bit short thought. First of all you dont feel any regret or remorse for shooting someone in a game. Other players are not as usefull as real life companions would be. Also the thrist/hunger mechanism that it has currently is not quite realistic.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think most of us would be surprised what we do for a tin of beans if we were truly starving. Most of us have no idea what it's like to eve be really hungry.

I remember a few months back we were doing some family all-day event where the kids were more or less left to do what they wanted. Food was all over the place as usual but for whatever reason my two youngest didn't eat anything all day, having fun, swimming and what have you. Anyway, on ride home they both complained about an indescribable pain in their stomach. After much parental interrogation we determined that this the first time in their lives that they were really hungry.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WAKEYWAKEY

If you murdered someone for hunger, it wouldn't just be for a can of beans now would it? There is a lot more there to eat than beans. As you said yourself, liver and beans. I wouldn't murder for a can of beans, but I would use lethal force to defend my own beans, and I would eat what I kill.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The concept was actually originally designed for military use, the developer wanted to see how soldiers would react to the same experiences that over a million people now are able to. He got the idea from a brutal survival training program he went through in foreign country, the exact country I don't recall. They are now working on a stand alone game because of the interest.

Originally posted by g146541
And why are they killing Brother Nathaniel @1:08 of the vid?
Predictive programming?

lol! The game is set in the Czech Republic and there are a couple Orthodox churches on the map, so he is an infected priest. Along with infected police, farmers etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by onethatisrampant
lol! The game is set in the Czech Republic and there are a couple Orthodox churches on the map,

I thought it was russia from the cyrillic town signs etc? Or do Czech's have those too

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh yeah.....

I knew there'd be a DayZ thread on ATS. Perhaps we should create an ATS clan? In answer to the OP, I would definitely kill for beans if SHTF. No question.

Peace

p.s. Friendly in Cherno?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WAKEYWAKEY

I was just playing some Day Z, I killed a guy because I was starving. Was the best can of pasta I ever had.

Earlier I was killed when I asked a stranger to give me a blood transfusion, he agreed, but then whipped out a pistol and shot me in the face.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
The mod is playing on a psychological level, where it runs parallel to what people would do when faced with a situation such as the one portrayed in Day Z.

Wait a second, weren't we just discussing this as being a conceptual antithesis on another thread?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I do mate i had a vertical gastric sleeve (3/4 of mine removed)
and i couldnt eat for 2 weeks before surgery just liquids
and i dont like beans
edit on 5/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join