It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Missile Test Sends “Shockwave” Across Entire World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
>> A grave Ministry of Defense bulletin flashed to Russian Naval and Marine Forces approaching their Mediterranean base in the Syrian port of Tartus is warning that Iran’s successful test-firing of their fourth generation indigenously-made Fateh 110 precision missile earlier today confirms that this Middle Eastern nation on the brink of total war with the West has achieved the ability to detonate at high altitude, and with great range, a much feared EPFCG weapon.

Electronic Armegeddon they call out. In other words "boom boom out go the lights:.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Huh

Are you referring to a electromagnetic pulse weapon? Can you link the relevant articles?

The typical means utilized to produce EMP are nuclear blasts, are you claiming Iran has nuclear weapons as well? Or some kind of EMP generating device that does not require a nuclear blast?

The CIA should hire you as a analyst.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oh here we go, 3, 2, 1, no fly zone.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Is there a source for this story?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Is this news from today or about the successful missile test from a few days ago?

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran claimed Saturday it has successfully test-fired an upgraded version of a short-range ballistic missile with improved accuracy, increasing the Islamic Republic’s capability to strike both land and naval targets.

Defense Minister Gen. Ahmad Vahidi said the solid-fueled Fateh-110 has a range of 300 kilometers (185 miles). He claimed the weapon could strike with pin-point precision, making it the most accurate weapon of its kind in Iran’s arsenal.

www.washingtonpost.com... 1e1-8ad1-909913931f71_story.html

I can't tell because your post had no link.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yes, this is a EMP weopon
"EPFCG stands for “explosively pumped flux compression generator” which is a device used to generate a high-power electromagnetic pulse by compressing magnetic flux using high explosive."

The map shows what the theorized area would be in the US. One thing though I would think it would have to be activated at some height. Obviously the missle tested can't reach us here. But the article implies it can be carried by a person. Or the missle launched from an ally- say Venezulea or Cuba..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

The typical means utilized to produce EMP are nuclear blasts, are you claiming Iran has nuclear weapons as well? Or some kind of EMP generating device that does not require a nuclear blast?

I do believe I read somewhere that they were beyond 30% enrichment of their nuke fuel in Iran and that they planned to go to 70%. Granted to make a efficient effective weapon you would need 90% or better.

But

All they have to do is enrich beyond 49% and they can make a crude nuke and explode it up on high....after all it doesnt have to be a huge nuclear reaction to cause an EMP..just a small one will do at the right altitude...and after the atoms of the bomb join, the residual energy wave will do all the rest.

Still I would like to see the source of this as well.......if Iran launched something that actually works....it would mean they got help comin in from others.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
found this ny times article....almost the same as the post article

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yes, this is a EMP weopon
"EPFCG stands for “explosively pumped flux compression generator” which is a device used to generate a high-power electromagnetic pulse by compressing magnetic flux using high explosive."

The map shows what the theorized area would be in the US. One thing though I would think it would have to be activated at some height. Obviously the missle tested can't reach us here. But the article implies it can be carried by a person. Or the missle launched from an ally- say Venezulea or Cuba..

AH...ok.....yea....one of those will do the trick too...and they're fairly easy to configure on the ground IIRC. That would be the big suck if it got close enough to us...good thing the US border patrol has Mexico on lock down..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I am not sure if i am blind. Can you link your source please.

As a side note i found this article on Israeli attempts at EMP

Israel’s dilemma is focused singly on the use of electromagnetic pulse (EMP) without informing the U.S. Regardless of the consequences, the U.S. would have no choice but to support Israel. The stakes are simply too high to ignore this time. However, trust deficit and loss of U.S. credibility compels Israel not to depend on others to protect the Jewish people.

Israel's EMP attack Can send Iran back to the stone age

Interesting....

edit on 8-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yes, waiting here for the link that shows Iran has an EMP weapon, not just a 300km solid fueled rocket. There's a big difference between the two and its one that requires some sort of proof.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Seriously why would this send shockwaves across the world...if you look at the country, its main cities look like any other country and they buy equipment (electronics) just as we do so why such a shock? Would it really suprise anyone if they were in possession of nuclear weapons? It wouldn't suprise me. I'm more concern around some other destabilized country having a nuke and getting overthrown by some wacky terrorist group...as much as they say they want to wipe Israel off of the map they have had more than enough of time..same goes for North Korea who we hear virtually nothing about or the media just felt like changing their compass...everyone has known about EMP's for a long long time and the theory has been around for ever...I recall watching a 60 min special when I was in my early teens (1980's) and one gentleman had a briefcase sized one that he noted could wipe out multiple floors of computers in a givien building...if that could be done then our technology now could essentially build one that could possibly fry the grids in some cities via a small moving truck..consider going right to the power station and activating one would be a big blow to any major metropolis....nukes are not needed to achieve this and this type of smaller scale terrorism and it would really freak folks out....so although they have their missles it really isn't sending shockwaves..what's sending shockwaves is how the media sensationlizes this stuff...I can't see why any country would use nukes and threaten the safety of nearby countries when a EMP is just as effective and could bring a country to its knees..but then again think of the economic impact this would have on other countries if the US was to get pulsed...Russian and China know that just like the banks are to big to fail so is the US and so is Russia China and the UK..we will saber rattle, have small skirmishes but in the end we all rely on each other financially due to our relationship around money..any major country collapsing would send the stock exchange into the crapper and the recession would look like someone misplacing twenty dollars...should have been in the rant section I guress....sorry

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sorry I forgot the link
www.eutimes.net...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You can test all the over-sized firecrackers you want - Developed nations have had the capability of complete planet-wide destruction in mere moments for decades now - How can you intimidate someone who has the capability of ending existence in the blink of an eye?
edit on 8-8-2012 by Syyth007 because: (no reason given)

Lol - Nevermind, Sorcha FAIL...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syyth007
You can test all the over-sized firecrackers you want - Developed nations have had the capability of complete planet-wide destruction in mere moments for decades now - How can you intimidate someone who has the capability of ending existence in the blink of an eye?

You bounce a good sized EMP over any missle silo...and guess what? Chances are good that the missle wont have the power to it that fires it up. The missle might be operational, but the ability to launch it could be gone.

Although Im sure they thought of that when the put the missles in the ground to start with....so you may be right.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Well then, better start puting coper nets around and over my house.

Fun aside, this can be a serious threat to all, one does not need an atomic weapon to wreack havoc, just kick down the electric grid of a country to knock it to the ground in just a few days.

It's best to bet in home generating power that is also eco friendly before one emp strykes

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

I would say atleast for the us and a good deal of our big equipment are already emp protected with the appropriate shielding...that includes missle silos...the rest of our country may go into darkness but...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

edit on 8-8-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join