It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coven's Question of the Day - August 03, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We have just entered; the moratorius mausoleum

Khan, Gandhi and Einstein; it's here we can see them

This is my one vice; the only payment I asked

I get the first pick; once they have passed

I often pick their brains; as time widdles away

In between episodes of; Coven's question of the day!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coven's Question of the Day - August 03, 2012

Where will humanity be in a hundred years?

I have a young child and another on the way, so there is a possibility that they could live to see the year 2112.
What would our world be like then?

In 1912 the world was still 8 years away from the first radio news broadcast. It was the first year an electric starter appeared in a car(yes! no more hand crank!!). Italy became the first country to use an airship in its military. And the first street cars appeared in San Fransisco.

Wow, we have come a long way in a hundred years. Will the next hundred years see the same huge jump in our technological capabilities? Instead of dreaming of merely going into space on once in a life time trip, will the vacationer of the future dream of going to another galaxy? Or another dimension? Or into the future/past?

Will we even be here? I doubt that we will be able to completely kill ourselves off, but what if we have to vacate the planet? Could we become a wandering species, looking for another home?

A lot of questions I know, so what do you think?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.” ― George Orwell, 1984

“The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed." The Economist, December 4, 2003 ― William Gibson

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

coven83, I really enjoy these questions of the day. Makes for a truly intellectual thought provoking discussion.

Where will humanity be in a hundred years?

Hmm...

Ideally, we will have discovered that we humans, seemingly the most intelligent species on this rock, can/should/must live together in harmony. There will be no more fight for "world domination". Great minds from across the globe will collaborate in endeavors to continue to make our little corner of the universe the best that we can.

Unfortunately, it seems that things may not go that way...given all that is going on in the world right now. Somebody may accidentally (or perhaps on purpose) "push the button" (reminds of the old Genesis video, "Land of Confusion"
)

Hopefully it doesn't go that way

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Well I am glad you enjoy them, I do try to create an atmosphere for a good discussion.

It seems inevitable that we will eventually become "one world", lets just hope as you say that it is a world built on common goals and desires, instead of on the bones of the slave labor at the whip of the "NWO".

And great song, but the video from the Disturbed cover is better I think. At least the video, not the song.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

It is things like your reply that keep me coming back to ATS! I didn't know that Disturbed had covered Land of Confusion...let alone that there was a vid!

The vid was excellent! Reminded me of GI Joe episodes
Now I will spend the next couple of hours trying to figure out how to make an animated gif from the shoulder patches...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Love willl always win through.

We are reaching a time in human evolution where we will have to come together as one under the banner of love or destroy ourselves. But is my belief we here for a higher reason and the reason is facilitated through the process of love.

You may like this thread I wrote a while a go...

The Polarization of the Masses

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think it depends on what happens this century, or in our lifetimes - if your as young as me

Like Pike predicted, I foresee a 3rd World War, and a mass human revolution, that has already started, each new generation trusts the PTB less and less,

I see they gain complete control over us, and it will no longer be a secret, or we shall rise up, cleanse the Earth and live in harmony.

But I forgot to throw aliens in the mix somehow ?! lol

I also believe they will be presented to us as "existing" in this century also.

join