It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble understanding.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm having some trouble understanding the following verse from the Gospel of Thomasl. I have a notion of what he is conveying.

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

www.gnosis.org...

Thanks.

Deep

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
When duality gives way to unity, one is who they are.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
To me, it says that when you become one with everything and everything has become one with you, perfection or a rejoining with God is what results.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the insight, though, i should have been more clear with what was troubling me; let me adress this verse in my perception:

"When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the

The above is quite clear; Raphael_UO best put it : " When duality gives way to unity, one is who they are"

and the upper like the lower

Now this, by assumption, indicates a duality within Heaven and Earth, or is tangent with the following: " and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, and brings one to the assumption that Jesus may have been refering to a sexual bivalance ? I'm not quite sure, but the latter may be controversal as it is partial to Greco-Roman socio-culture, but not of the Christian faith, or so mainstream dogma dictates.

when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image

Now, this is where trouble arises; as once can tell it's quite, well, unpartial to most spheres of spirtual dialect: i have not come across such speach before, hence, the utter confusion and perplextion.

I hope someone can clear the last line up.

Deep

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Im far from a religious person, something im quite ashamed to admit but i have several reasons behind me, but to me that says Treat everything equally and youll get into heaven/the kingdom

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image

Now, this is where trouble arises; as once can tell it's quite, well, unpartial to most spheres of spirtual dialect: i have not come across such speach before, hence, the utter confusion and perplextion.

... one is who they are.

[Edited on 12-10-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ahhhhh.

Yeah, yeah, now i get it !

lol.

Thanks.

Deep

new topics

top topics

join