It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's New Super Drone Bomber: Replacement for the B2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
America is developing a new bomber. It will replace the B-52, B-1, and B-2. It is rumored to be completely auto-piloted from American bases. It will be able to have almost unlimited range thanks to fuel saving technology and in-air refueling. It will cost about half the B-2. Its aim, wipe China out in a war:

thediplomat.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Maybe America wouldn't have to worry about "who to wipe out China in a war", if we hadn't outsourced our industry to them. China focuses it's energy on expanding it's economy. America focuses it on war.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why would this be needed at all with the capabilities of cruise missiles?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Look pretty interesting. My concern is that these bombers won't be deployable (so they say) until 2020, and that a large scale war could break out in asia before then and we'll be stuck sitting on our hands looking stupid.

My theory is that they have been hard at work trying to develop the replacement for the B2 and that in limited numbers they already have these new aircrafts operating in field. The article might be a carefully planted one where the message to china is. We're not ready to go to war with you yet. Allowing china to focus on other things that aren't military applicable tech...ie chasing a red herring.

What do you think OP?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Good Point about the cruise missiles. The problem is to get the cruise missiles within range stealth or not you will still need a ship or a submarine. Both are vulnerable to the chinese navy while sitting there launching missiles. We'll use the cruise missiles in that manner anyways, but we'll want to knock out all of their radar so that chinese fighters will have a hard time approaching out navy fleet.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Pretty impressive arsenal there, i pity anyone who comes against America with sticks and stones.

Maybe its a good job there hasnt been a world war for so long, it would be devestating with all these new weapons

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I think the US military has lots of tricks up its sleeve.
When you have to counter things like this: thediplomat.com...

They have to!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Why the U.S. Wants a New Bomber

Air Force revived its bomber effort under new Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. The new “Long-Range Strike Bomber” would be slightly less sophisticated and therefore cheaper than the Next-Generation Bomber: just $550 million per copy for up to 100 copies, with production beginning in the early 2020s. The U.S. Congress approved the first $300 million in development funding late last year.

Why would we, a nation that is so deep in debt, with no way to ever fix it, want to spend this kind money?

Are they that worried that one day, China will come and want to collect on what we owe them, us knowing there is no way we can pay them? Is the answer to that problem to go to war with them?

That's like me not paying my electric bill and the company sending someone to shut me off and the only answer to keep my power on is to shoot and kill the guy that they sent and everyone after that.

Stupid, just stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

I think you over stating a little. The US does not owe what Europe or Japan owe. There is a very easy way to get out of debt..grow your way out of it...something Obama has no idea how to do!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Why the U.S. Wants a New Bomber

Air Force revived its bomber effort under new Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. The new “Long-Range Strike Bomber” would be slightly less sophisticated and therefore cheaper than the Next-Generation Bomber: just $550 million per copy for up to 100 copies, with production beginning in the early 2020s. The U.S. Congress approved the first $300 million in development funding late last year.

Why would we, a nation that is so deep in debt, with no way to ever fix it, want to spend this kind money?

Are they that worried that one day, China will come and want to collect on what we owe them, us knowing there is no way we can pay them? Is the answer to that problem to go to war with them?

That's like me not paying my electric bill and the company sending someone to shut me off and the only answer to keep my power on is to shoot and kill the guy that they sent and everyone after that.

Stupid, just stupid.

You drank way too much of the Kool-Aid. The greatest owner of US debt is .. the US. Japan owns nearly as much US debt as China does. Please do some research so you don't look stupid.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
America is developing a new bomber. It will replace the B-52, B-1, and B-2. It is rumored to be completely auto-piloted from American bases. It will be able to have almost unlimited range thanks to fuel saving technology and in-air refueling. It will cost about half the B-2. Its aim, wipe China out in a war:

thediplomat.com...

No it won't. It will complement the existing bombers. I don't know the current plans for the B-1 and B-2, but the B-52 will be flying until the design (and some of the airplanes) are almost 100 years old. The USAF has called for it to fly until the 2040s or later.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
more scare tactics about a war with China

but i do believe UAVs are the future and UAV bomber makes sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Maybe America wouldn't have to worry about "who to wipe out China in a war", if we hadn't outsourced our industry to them. China focuses it's energy on expanding it's economy. America focuses it on war.

We wont go to war with China. the Two are not enemies a group two relationship between the two nations is coming to be. A lender will lose out to the government if proper economic policies are in place. China is converting to the sdr note and has to decouple from the dollar in order to not be crushed under rising prices and in order for them to address there debt. At the same time the US is devaluing its dollar and moving towards the sdr which is a supplementary reserve currency controlled by the imf which is US/Western control. Dont think of China as the enemy such thinking is absurd and touting them off as the new ussr is naive. With that said if a hypothetical war where to emerge between the two nations the US with NATO is more than capable of destroying china.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
the 2018 bomber will not replace the b2, b1 or b2. It will be an intermediate bomber that will EVENTUALLY replace the b1, the b2 will be around for a long time. The planned 2037 bomber will replace the b52

2037 bomber will replace the b52
2018 bomber will replace b1 and will aid the b2
b2 will exist for a while

The DARPA X Plane can travel at mach 20. In the not to far future that will be a very useful tool and it can be eventually nuclear armed that will likely also help aid for bombing missions. Given the sheer speed it can travel it can out perform other bombers. It may not be able to hold as much weapons but you could send a fleet of them.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

This crap and tech is obsolete. Why waste all the money. We have hypersonic aircraft which can be launched in a moments notice ansd strike targets anywhere in the world in under 15 minutes.

What do you think the X37 platform was for. Not to lauch from earth you silly people.

They are building it up there. This is your star wars on roids.

When people backyard astronomers to be specific send us pics saying hey if this is the space station and this is the shuttle and these are the sats then what the heck are these objects floating around in outer space.

What do you think they are?

Hmmmmm

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911

thediplomat.com...

The new bomber won't be used to replace the B1, B2, or B52H. It is being designed and built to complement those bombers, which will then be upgraded with comparable tech. They are designing this "Next Generation Bomber" to be both manned and unmanned, and will build up to 175-180.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Infinite growth isn't a sustainable or a sensible way to stabilise and build society

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Why would this be needed at all with the capabilities of cruise missiles?

Because cruise missiles can be intercepted.
Cruise missiles are one piece of a bigger puzzle.

If ships carrying cruise missiles are taken out or damaged, you still have other options available.

Putting all your eggs in one basket is a bad idea.

Having multiple options to strike, means the enemy has to spread their resources around to defend from multiple threats. Therefore they cant concentrate everything against missiles, meaning they will be less effective.

And if all else fails, the SSBN's constantly on patrol around the world will launch a wave of SLBM's, with nuclear warheads of course, and wipe out China.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The B-1 bomber was a good plane until some retarded General or Politician decided to modify it to carry more weight. They ended up destroying it.

Same thing will happen to this new bomber. After it's built some retarded General or politician will decide it needs something changed which will render it useless.

Who's the intellectually challenged General or Politician that thinks a bomber should be unmanned? That should work REALLY good...LOL! Look at the B-2 bomber and all the software problems with that they can't afford to get fixed, per the contract announcements that have been posted on the web. Sometimes you wonder if there is intelligent life in Washington DC.

top topics

join