It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some observations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
We hear a lot about things that are wrong and the problems we have. It is almost a nonstop bombardment.
One of my personal list of things I myself find troublesome is

We do not have enough young people going into math and the sciences.
I think that could be changed overnight. One announcement could forever change how kids look at school and how teachers look at their students. With out spending even $1, it becomes a whole new ball game. Suddenly every kid in every nation would from the time they were small to the day they got their degree have a reason, a reason to study hard other than the fact someone told them to.
A reason not to go to a frat party,and a reason to push themselves beyond mediocrity
We have the power as parents and as a people to give our children, our students that reason and the ability to shoot for the stars...and to force the tide of things by the sheer will of the people to do something great. Not as an American or a German,or an Arab or a Jew. We can give to to our children what they deserve, What was denied to us. We must no longer wait for a dysfunctional government to do for us what we can now do for ourselves and for the generations yet to come. If we wait around the first thing on the moon will not be what we would choose for our children, and would not represent the good we can do in spite of ourselves.
The plans already exist for what is needed, The means to do them nearly complete. The only thing that is missing is giving people the opportunity to make it happen.
We need an simple organization that can be taken seriously to start out as a small charity, allowed time to get the message out and show the world that the people of Earth choose that a University will be first thing built on the moon not a military base.
For all my UFO enthusiast friends here. If you believe we are being visited or being watched, would you rather have them see us building a school or something a little more threatening?

To be continued

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Golden words.

There is just one but.
Mass media practically own children's habits and behaviour standards. What's on the tube is right. Not the old man.
Did you watch some of stuff kids are being pushed into lately?
Partying is a mean of life. Partying people are always right. Being popular means going to parties. Studying hard is for nerds. Physics and math are for super nerds without friends.
And thats for 7-12 year olds. 13-16 years old watch Jersey Shore, envy Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton. The ultimate consumers today's children look up to. Why talentless perps like Snooki are being blasted all over news for absolutely no reason.
Today's young generation is in large part lost. And its not some "In my times..." blablin', Im 27 years old, and when I look at todays kids preferences and fascination Im just stunned. My own child is coming to the world in next few months and Im already thinking how possibly I can shield him from this madness, without making him a social outcast.
Uhh, I remember recently reading story about some around 5 years old, which for parents performed sex change operation. Uhh, dreadful...
edit on 1-8-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

I agree with you 100%,
The offer we give to our kids to rise above that has to be bigger than the 5 minutes of fun the are getting now, The powers that be offer our kids the Kardashians, and we offer them.....nothing as an alternative.
We are better than that aren't we?
Shouldn't we at least try?
If the Powers That Be will not offer our kids something meaningful, then it is time we did it our selves

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just get a bad feeling that any other plan except a school as the first outpost sends a really bad message.Bad Karma if you will.

top topics

join