It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Itallian Police Raid Barclays Over Libor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Hmmm i reckon this is just the tip of the iceberg with Barclays. They have had their fingers in Zimbabwe for many many years and I would not be surprised if shady goings on happened there especially with the current regime there. Mugabe is the scum of the Earth as far as I am concerned and he needs to go and allow genuine democracy in the country, but I disgress. However it is under these conditions that corruption and envelopes under the table will occur.

If I was fiddling numbers I would be sacked from my job and quite rightly so. Why should bankers be deemed above the law? It is so morally bankrupt! Pun intended!!

So so true, i was thinking about this earlier. Its bizarre that the head of Barclays gets caught up in this Libor scandal, which is totally illegal and yet he simply says something along the lines of....okay okay, i know ive messed up, i tell you what, as ive been such a bad boy I will forfeit my bonus.

Its a criminal act, or, at least has the potential to be and yet hes so carefree about it that he genuinely believes that he can just forfeit his bonus and everything will be okay.

****Off Topic****

Is that youre cat in your avatar he/she looks lovley, we had a little cat called smudge who looked identical to that, we lost her last year to mouth cancer

We still have four cats at the moment (2 rag dolls and 2 moggies) and we are currently considering become a cat foster home

edit on 31/7/12 by HumanPLC because: spelling

edit on 31/7/12 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
No matter the moves, the schtuff never sticks to the very highest criminals as they've accumulated far too much dirt/influence over every position of power.

Arrests made sure, but convictions won't happen. Or if they do there will be a suspicious death like Ken Lay's.

Derek

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I don't wish to be negative either, but here's what concerns me:

Nothing, and I mean nothing, seems to happen in this world without some sort of "inside permission" going on.
From who is President, to what the media says and does, to interest rates---you get the picture.

So, we are led to believe, that on their own--the world's bank regulators are going in and arresting lower level bank executives independently of the corrupt cabal/TPTB's? Might it just be a ruse to look as if someone is paying attention, and that laws and rules are being upheld?

I don't wish to be cynical, but what proof do we have that this whole charade isn't playing into some scheme or higher purpose? If this nefarious cabal is running everything, might they be "running" this banker arrest?

In order to believe these arrests are genuine, I have to believe that there are truly some "good guys" rising up and despite what David Wilcock and others say, I'm not convinced there is a pocket of good guys running around endeavoring to clean up the world. They'd have to be more powerful than the cabal (or whatever you want to call them) and I have a hard time believing this is so.

What could be more powerful than the "cabal" at this point? And if these good guys do exist, who are they, and how are they able to act independently of a cabal or system that has infilitrated every aspect of our government and media and cultural systems?

If anyone has an answer to this, I'd surely appreciate it.

I want to be a believer.
edit on 1-8-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

What could be more powerful than the "cabal" at this point?

If anyone has an answer to this, I'd surely appreciate it.

A.L.I.E.N.S.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Hmmm i reckon this is just the tip of the iceberg with Barclays. They have had their fingers in Zimbabwe for many many years and I would not be surprised if shady goings on happened there especially with the current regime there. Mugabe is the scum of the Earth as far as I am concerned and he needs to go and allow genuine democracy in the country, but I disgress. However it is under these conditions that corruption and envelopes under the table will occur.

If I was fiddling numbers I would be sacked from my job and quite rightly so. Why should bankers be deemed above the law? It is so morally bankrupt! Pun intended!!

So so true, i was thinking about this earlier. Its bizarre that the head of Barclays gets caught up in this Libor scandal, which is totally illegal and yet he simply says something along the lines of....okay okay, i know ive messed up, i tell you what, as ive been such a bad boy I will forfeit my bonus.

Its a criminal act, or, at least has the potential to be and yet hes so carefree about it that he genuinely believes that he can just forfeit his bonus and everything will be okay.

****Off Topic****

Is that youre cat in your avatar he/she looks lovley, we had a little cat called smudge who looked identical to that, we lost her last year to mouth cancer

We still have four cats at the moment (2 rag dolls and 2 moggies) and we are currently considering become a cat foster home

edit on 31/7/12 by HumanPLC because: spelling

edit on 31/7/12 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)
[/quote

Yes the cat in my avator is mine! She is now 5 years old and called Zilly. A rescue cat. I love her to bits! Sorry to here about yours though. Cancer is horrid whether it be human or other animals

And yes re Barclays it does really annoy me that bankers think they are a law unto themselves.
Does this mean that if one has a credit card which is overdue, one can say oh well it does not matter, it will be paid back next month with no penalty? I think NOT! So why should bankers get away with greedy and in some cases crimminal behaviour

top topics

<< 1   >>

join