It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Economist for real??? (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This popped up in my subscriptions...sounds pretty solid, but no one's saying it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Great video and great points made in a simple, clear and concise way in the midst of a perfect setting.

You can't eat or shoot gold, silver, or any other precious metal. In a survival situation that is worthless weight.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You talked me into watching it. SPOILER ALERT!!!! He spent five minutes saying that if the country collapses, you should have food, water, land and livestock.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
You talked me into watching it. SPOILER ALERT!!!! He spent five minutes saying that if the country collapses, you should have food, water, land and livestock.

Thanks. I started to watch it, but after about 20 seconds all I could think was: "Oh, shut UP!" I had to turn it off and go fetch something to wash the taste of saccharin out of my mouth....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
To bad some of you couldn't stand to listen to him because he is quite an intelligent young man who makes excellent points, at least I believe so.

I have done what he is saying years ago and would advise anyone else who can to do it also.

I sold my house in town and moved outside town and bought roughly a dozen acres with 2 houses on it. It actually cost less than the house in town so I am already money ahead.

We keep a year supply of dry goods on hand, grow a rather large garden, stock seeds for about 5 years plantings (heirloom seeds) and now I have my own wells so I don't have to rely on city water anymore.

We have a few critters, such as 6 goats, 2 dozen rabbits and 3 pigs. Along with 2 great dogs who help provide security for the animals.

I have a small amount of gold and a larger amount of silver but I too feel they could be close to worthless in a total collapse. Worst case scenario I can make bullets outta them.

Although it will be quite a while before I get to where I need more ammunition......

Heed that mans words. I don't know who he is, but he is most likely right.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Are we going to be living in basic survival mode for the rest of our lives?

"Water is best.
But gold shines like fire
blazing in the night,
supreme of lordly wealth."
-Pindar, ~ 500 BC
Olympian Odes I

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

thanks, you saved me 5 min. Star for you!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Cant be much of an economist if his office is outside in some sort of park/forest. Infact it looks like things have gone decidedly wrong for this "economist". Not sure if I want to take advice from someone who appears to be homeless and living in the woods, thanks.

Also looks kinda greasy, likes hes not washed for a few days, again sorry, but im not entrusting my future to the rantings of a homeless man on youtube.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murad
Cant be much of an economist if his office is outside in some sort of park/forest. Infact it looks like things have gone decidedly wrong for this "economist". Not sure if I want to take advice from someone who appears to be homeless and living in the woods, thanks.

Also looks kinda greasy, likes hes not washed for a few days, again sorry, but im not entrusting my future to the rantings of a homeless man on youtube.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

You did not understood anything.The man spoke about a economical collapse.Do you can imagine a collapse water and food are in the same time currency, basics AND luxury goods and this guy sitting IN AN OFFICE BUILDING?

Anyway, he is right.In this times, a collapse would be happening in hours, not days or weeks where could give someone the TIME to sell his gold or shares or silver and buy food.The world economy is so interconnected and so computerized, that a big shock in one powerfull country will erase like a tsunami EVERYTHING : money, gold, shares, bla-bla.

Can you imagine US or germany or China or France going broke and the rest of the world being ok for WEEKS ? No man, everything will cumble in minutes.

Btw, the day the man spoke might be closer that you think.It might be this week and might start from a country you would NEVER think it could start an apocalypse.

Hint : it is in Europe, in NATO, non-euro currency member and Germany is trying to make their people slaves.

Well, you will see in about 3 days...if Merkel is going to push the plan.

top topics

join