It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Download a cool Hans Zimmer song and support the victims of the Aurora tragedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The Dark Knight Rises composer Hans Zimmer has released a song dedicated to the Aurora, Colorado shooting victims titled “Aurora”. Zimmer recorded the song in London a few days after the massacre as a tribute to the victims and their families. The song is over 8 minutes long, and is based on his work from The Dark Knight Rises. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Aurora Victim Relief organization.

Source

You can get the song for only 10 cents from the link. You can also make bigger donations or download it from iTunes. I'm listening to it now and it's actually a very touching piece - soft, reflective orchestra with bits from The Dark Knight Rises theme song blended in. Zimmer is one of my favorite movie soundtrack composers. I've always known he was talented, but the fact that he is doing this to support the victims of the Aurora, CO shootings has launched him way up on my respect list.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Always someone trying to get publicity off tragic events.

Always.

We don't need a song.

We need a prayer.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Put away your conspiracy theory paranoia for a second and have a heart. It's not about publicity. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past decade, you'd know that the Dark Knight movies are some of the most successful comic book incarnations in film. Hanz Zimmer doesn't need publicity stunts or money. He is donating all proceeds directly to the families of the victims.

Funerals are expensive in this kind of economy. This is a chance to be the answer to their prayers.
edit on 7/29/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why can't the studio pay for this?

Why can't Hans just pay for this out of his pocket?

He doesn't need the money, he has plenty.

Like I said, we don't need a song.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

You might as well ask:

Why did the Beatles make music?

If you don't like it, then don't download it and gtfo. Let people who want to contribute to the victims contribute in their own ways.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Beatles made music because they could.

Not because of tragic events.

A "tribute"? Lol!

It's exploitation.

Plain and simple.

It's called "Aroura" for Christs sake.

top topics

join