It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon’s Zombie Satellite Program Comes to Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Did a search and was surprised not to see this story posted , perhaps I missed it ?

The Pentagon’s intergalactic black-magic plot is getting ready to raise the dead. Dead satellites, that is. Last year, Darpa, the military’s blue-sky research agency, kicked off a program designed to harvest parts from unused communications satellites still orbiting the Earth, and then turn those bits and pieces — antennas in particular — into an array that operates as a low-cost “communications farm” for troops on the ground. Now that program, called Phoenix, is entering a new phase. First, Darpa last week issued a bid to commercial satellite owners, asking for “a candidate satellite” that’ll act as a space-based guinea pig for initial evaluations of the technology requisite for the initiative. And today, the agency hosted a conference on “sustainable satellite servicing” — attended by academics, private companies and military experts — to discuss everything from the program’s regulatory challenges to more technical “operational considerations” necessary to revive dead satellites.

Link

Now this is truly amazing and just makes you think long and hard just what some of these agency really can do

edit on 27-7-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i hate the one liners.....but that was actually very creepy.....was it me or did that just look like a net around the planet....with tech advances, they will pretty much see and hear everything, everywhere........~cringe~

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My guess is that it will also be able to hijack and alter enemy sat's to see what they can do and to also feed them false info .

This is truly very interesting and you can be sure that this will do more than is reported .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Here is a video from DARPA

DARPA Phoenix Project

Interesting stuff

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Space warfare is about to really heat up. I wonder what the Russians or Chinese have to say about this.

top topics

join