It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Parsons - All there is, is this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Tony Parsons message is simple: all there is, is this. We are not being lived by life, nor is life being lived by us, life is just happening, apparently. To suggest that we are being lived by life, is to suggest the "we" and "life" are intrinsically separate from each other. The same is true of the statement "life is being lived by me", that also suggests that "life" and "me" are intrinsically separate from each other. Obviously it is not true that life is separate from me. I am life.

Therefore, life is just happening, apparently. The word "apparently" is important in this statement because it re-establishes the fact that life is happening to no one in particular, it is just happening, to no one. To say, life is happening, without adding "apparently", is to again insinuate a separation between the seer of life and life itself. There is no separation.

This may just be a play on words to some, but to others, it is a finger pointing to the moon, as the old Zen saying goes. Take twelve minutes out of your day and listen to what this man is saying, I think many people will benefit from it. It can potentially break the chains that keep you in bondage to your suffering.

edit on 27-7-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here is another great talk by Tony. It is a little bit shorter than the one above.

new topics

join