It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonoid Faces Prolonged Downtime After DDoS Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
A severe DDoS attack has brought down one of the most famous BitTorrent trackers. Demonoid has been inaccessible to its millions of users for more than a day and is expected to remain offline for quite some time. The tech admin of the troubled BitTorrent tracker told TorrentFreak that the issues at hand are not easy to fix, and suggests that aside from the DDoS there might have been an attack from another angle.

Demonoid is one of the biggest torrent sites around, and has been for more than half a decade.

Over the years the site has had its fair share of downtime, sometimes disappearing for months on end.

Yesterday, a million plus Demonoid users noticed that they could no longer access the site. Instead of the usual welcome screen users were confronted with a “server busy” message, suggesting that the BitTorrent tracker is facing technical difficulties.

more here: torrentfreak.com...
edit on 27-7-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It would not surprise me at all if this was a cyber-attack from RIAA. I'm sure they're happy about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Thanks for the info! It just so happens that I havent been able to log on to the site for over a day and thought that a little strange. No idea they were under an attack... just what exactly is Ddos if you dont mind? Hope the situation resolves itself relatively soon... Argg this angers me greatly, wonder who the culprit could be.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystic Vibes
reply to post by Picollo30

Thanks for the info! It just so happens that I havent been able to log on to the site for over a day and thought that a little strange. No idea they were under an attack... just what exactly is Ddos if you dont mind? Hope the situation resolves itself relatively soon... Argg this angers me greatly, wonder who the culprit could be.

DDOS ATTACK

en.wikipedia.org...

the culprits? well i can see some, MPAA, RIAA, EMI, Warner
edit on 27-7-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

join