It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Harvard University researchers' review of fluoride/brain studies concludes "our results support the possibility of adverse effects of fluoride exposures on children's neurodevelopment." It was published online July 20 in Environmental Health Perspectives, a US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences' journal (1), reports the NYS Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Inc. (NYSCOF) "The children in high fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ than those who lived in low fluoride areas," wrote Choi et al.

Further, the EPA says fluoride is a chemical "with substantial evidence of developmental neurotoxicity." Fluoride (fluosilicic acid) is added to US water supplies at approximately 1 part per million attempting to reduce tooth decay.

Water was the only fluoride source in the studies reviewed and was based on high water fluoride levels. However, they point out research by Ding (2011) suggested that low water fluoride levels had significant negative associations with children's intelligence.

Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If someone is able to find the journal, in which Harvard Professors / Researchers published this, please link me?

I've followed all the links given and they all take me to anti-fluoride websites. While, I do agree that fluoride is concerning, and an interesting topic, I think the best way to disseminate information is to verify the sources and I'm unable to find the journal that this story is referring to.

It'd be like me wanting to prove a religious debate invalid by linking an atheists opinion. I'm not saying anything bad about the OP and apologize if it seems that way, just trying to get all the evidence!

edit on 26-7-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What's wrong with wanting to prevent tooth decay?

They just want to keep us as good eaters!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

It was referred to (but wasn't linked to) in the OP's link with "Environmental Health Perspectives."

You can find it here: ehp03.niehs.nih.gov...

reply to post by MentorsRiddle

I hope you don't believe that.

edit on 26/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

The Original Report

That should help.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thank you both, I surely appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I only drink bottled water. It doesn't have to be the fancy stuff, but as long as it's not tap water I don't care.

I get 6 x 1.5litres pack for $3.14

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
What's wrong with wanting to prevent tooth decay?

They just want to keep us as good eaters!

Exactly! More McDonald's, please! Big Macs, large fries and a side of soda for everyone! Hail freedom!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

Well would ya look at that, America is catching up, finally.

Fluoride lowering childrens IQ?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Did anyone actually read the articel?

Only Yalies were tested.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Recently, because of health concerns, Health Canada recommended that fluoride levels be lowered in Canadian water supplies (0.7 mg/L) , children’s toothpaste and infant formula but claims that “the weight of evidence does not support a link between fluoride and intelligence quotient deficit.”

“It is hard to believe that any “weight of evidence” analysis could possibly dismiss fluoride’s neurological impacts. There have now been over 40 animal studies which show that fluoride can damage the brain, and no less than 18 studies which show that fluoride lowers IQ in children, and only 2 that don’t. I look forward to reading the full report when it is made available,” says Paul Connett, PhD, FAN Executive Director.

According to ISFR conference organizer, Dr. Hardy Limeback, “Our conference features experts who researched the dangers that fluoride poses to human health. Our keynote speaker, Dr. A.K. Susheela, (Executive Director, Fluorosis Research and Rural Development Foundation, India) probably knows more about fluoride’s toxic effects to the body than any other living scientist. It is important that officials who promote water fluoridation hear what she and others have to say,” says Limeback.

I think that this is just one of 40 other studies linking flouride to lowered IQ.

Our government just wants to lower the flouride amount in water and toothpaste.

I just want them in jail instead, how about that.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

please cite this alledged law

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
what amuses me about the people oposed to water fluoridiation is - they ignore the fact that a chemical warfare agent is already added to the water

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I think the entire cast of Jersey Shore has had a bit too much fluoride.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by purplemer

please cite this alledged law

Hey check out The Water Supply (Fluoridation Indemnities) (England) Regulations 2005...

www.legislation.gov.uk...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'm shocked to see the information is now becoming mainstream, the conspiracy theorists have known it for a long time

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

What would that be?

All I can say is people should just buy a reverse osmosis water filter.

new topics

top topics

join