It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama creating African-American education office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So Obama is creating yet another financial drain on the budget, " a new office to bolster education of African-American students." Apparently the office will coordinate the work of communities and federal agencies to ensure that African-American youngsters are better prepared for high school, college and career.
My thoughts are several; first, just an election year gimmick to get the black vote, which is not needed because the black vote will blindly go to a black president. Secondly, spending yet more money? This president has created more government positions that are not accountable, and not elected than any other president that I can recall. This is another whole separate office, with a budget (hahaha), and specifically geared towards one ethnic group. Really? This leads me to my last thought, which is, don't we already have plenty of groups, organizations, and money already going to help black students? Just off the top of my head, we have Head Start, local pre K, groups like the 100 Black Men, in my area a program called CROP ( a program where someone from a local college meets with just black students to work with them to get them ready for college or community school ), plus more that I am sure exist out there. So I guess my question is why is this needed? How about instead working with the black community to get them to realize that their incredibly high illegitimacy rate is detrimental to any future. How about working with the children to make certain that they want more than just to get on welfare, food stamps, drugs, etc. I honestly do not have any solution, but I can see the problems! Last of all, isn't it kind of admitting that your kids cannot achieve anything unless they have extra help? This is of itself is a form of discrimination, and a cycle of continued dependency. Come on folks, there are plenty out there who have made better lives for themselves and their children. This is what need to be studied. How did those who are succeeding do it? What are their points of improving their lives? What is the mind set that needs to be emulated? What works? What can be taught or shown by example?
If the already exisitng groups or programs are not working, then eliminate them before adding yet another drain on our finances. If they are not working, then get rid of it and use what was wrong as the examples of what not to do! Oh, but wait, that would be logical, and that is not what our bloated government does.....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Black children want to go on food stamps?

Are you being serious, or are you just typing real fast and slipped in your true colors accidentally?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join