It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This sounds like the horrible beginning to a movie or book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
But we're living it.....

Welcome to the land of the free, home of the brave

The unemployment rate is 8.2%, due to serious economic setbacks, magnified by constant war spending of close to a trillion dollars – all while the country is $15 trillion in debt.

Close to 12 million people are here illegally, some of them making themselves a quiet part of society: working, working to become legal, and raising families. Adversely, a good majority are living off of the system, a system which once again, is already $15 trillion in debt. This reality (whether people accept it or not) is fueling a culture of racism towards Hispanics in America.

In the year 2001, 3 of the most symbolic buildings in the country were destroyed, and 1 damaged. For the past 11 years there has been non-stop debate as to whether or not they were destroyed by 3 passenger jets, or 3 passenger jets, and a controlled demolition. The government pointed the blame at a man who quickly became the worlds most popular – Osama Bin Laden. Americans stood behind their government, no questions asked, as they began a war in Afghanistan, allegedly searching for Bin Laden, and 11 years later, over a year after Bin Laden was allegedly killed by a Navy Seal team (in Pakistan), America is still in Afghanistan (and still bombing Pakistan).

After what some Americans called the worst presidency ever experienced, in 2008 Americans voted Barack Obama into office – ironically deeming him the NEW worst president ever by the end of 2010. Being a president who claims to have nothing but care for the people, he’s followed through on only 2 of his campaign promises – he got his daughters a dog, and (finally) ended combat missions in Iraq. There is still speculation as to how many block ops are currently active in Iraq, but the public is too busy focusing on the fact that American police departments have developed a fool proof method of killing citizens and getting away with it.

You read it correctly. Police brutality, and shootings seem to be nearing an all time high, BUT good luck trying to find any numbers to back up my claim. All I know, is all we know – and all we know is that police shootings are not uncommon and that citizens trust in police is rapidly dropping. This could be evidenced by the fact that 10 million guns were sold in the US in 2011 alone. Personally, I’m responsible for 3 of those. Why? I don’t trust police, and I fear the day when I/we are going to have to take up arms against the army. According to the Posse Comitatus Act – the US Army and Air Force aren’t prohibited, but are strictly regulated when it comes to law enforcement on US soil. This does not include the Navy, Coast Guard, National Guard, or Marine corp, most of whom are self regulated by whichever department they operate under. However I’m not too worried about having to deal with them, because it seems as though local police have now evolved into heavily armed local army units. The purchase of drones, tanks, heavy body armor, increased ammunition, and a clear “evolution” from the ideal of “serve and protect” are a precursor of what may be coming.

Let's not forget to give attention to the fact that government surveillance is at an all time high, using all methods. God only knows how many surveillance cameras are posted across this country. And let's also once again mention our new friend, DRONES! are now approved for use in that matter. Just last year I was visited by an FBI agent for a post I authored on a specific ATS thread. Said he had some questions and it seemed like my post, and the action I took to investigate FOR that post, posed a threat to national security. Cell phones full of tracking tools, GPS, listening agents, you name it. It seems like the government wants to know what all 300 million of us (babies included) are doing at every moment. And although we don't have a curfew, you'll find that trying to be out after 11pm or midnight in a lot of cities doesn't work, because public parks are closed to even a couple trying to enjoy the breeze. Stop and frisk happens on the streets, and many establishments are closed already. You can't even enjoy nature at night because you have to be doing what most people are doing - sleeping - and if not then you need to at least be at home, because big brother said so.

All this fueled by the fact that the President seems, at times, to have a totalitarian agenda in a way and seems to be buying people with money, and free food (paid for by everyone collectively). 2012 NDAA anybody? Or did we forget that when our tax returns came? Not to mention the President of peace has effectively broken the record of George Bush, by bombing Pakistan, Libya, Yemen and Somalia – and he now seems to be working towards either Iran, or Syria (both wouldn’t surprise me). Thank you for being about peaceful resolutions Mr. Pres!

To top it all off: our votes mean nothing, there’s zombies eating faces, TV is wiping our minds, the media spins stories to serve political agendas, food is poisoned, there’s fluoride in the water, most music sucks, MK-Ultra, cops kill people, DRONES!, mass shootings, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, Israel wants Iran, the US wants Bashar, Russia will want the US, nobody caught Kony, Mitt Romney is the other guy, Americans are complacent – and in denial about that complacency, the Olympics are suspicious, and people all over the world are still hungry, including in America.

1984? Meet 2012.....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
And yet, you have unlimited access to information, food, shelter, entertainment, clothing, travel, etc.

Sure, there are lots of gloomy things about our reality, but we're not completely helpless and alone.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
And yet, you have unlimited access to information, food, shelter, entertainment, clothing, travel, etc.

Sure, there are lots of gloomy things about our reality, but we're not completely helpless and alone.

I must have missed the part where I said "we're helpless and alone"... But since you went there, you do realize that we the citizens are our only help right? Or do you think Obama or some other politician plays that role?

Also, unlimited access to information? Only a fool would think so. Entertainment? I have other focuses in life, if you can't tell. And damn it half of us can hardly afford food, clothing, and shelter, and have to pay rent in parts and what not.

But thanks! I guess I really am living a dream!
edit on 25-7-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

I must have missed the part where I said "we're helpless and alone"... But since you went there, you do realize that we the citizens are our only help right? Or do you think Obama or some political plays that role?

Also, unlimited access to information? Only a fool would think so. Entertainment? I have other focuses in life, if you can't tell. And damn it half of us can hardly afford food, clothing, and shelter, and have to pay rent in parts and what not.

But thanks! I guess I really am living a dream!

You have other focuses than entertainment? Lovely. Is that why you compare life to a movie or book? Specifically the book 1984?

I think you need to get away from the conspiracy stuff for a while. You sound depressed.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You have never talked to me in your entire life - all you did was read a summary of they way things are going in our country, that I wrote and you think I SOUND depressed?

By that logic, you SOUND retarded...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I take it you don't work for the tourist board? All these threads about how bad America is has seriously put me of visiting. I know however, if I did visit, I would realise much is sensationalism from some ATS members. I have a friend who visits america all the time for business and he never has a bad word to say about the place.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Tourism and residency bring out two different things. I wouldn't expect you to have to deal with anything I've mentioned unless you were traveling here from Iran.. I doubt as a tourist, unemployment and government surveillance crack downs would pose a problem.... obviously.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You have other focuses than entertainment? Lovely. Is that why you compare life to a movie or book? Specifically the book 1984?

I think you need to get away from the conspiracy stuff for a while. You sound depressed.

Nice ad-hominem attack! What other tools will you use out of your manual?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalph

Nice ad-hominem attack! What other tools will you use out of your manual?

I suspect next he'll say that I should move somewhere else and "watch how fast I'll run back to America"...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here's the CRAZIEST part: YOUR TAX DOLLARS PAYS FOR IT ALL!!!! It pays to feed, clothe and shelter the military. It funds the police and keeps them employed. It funds D.C. and keeps them employed. So really, WHO'S TO BLAME; "Them" or YOU?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Here's the CRAZIEST part: YOUR TAX DOLLARS PAYS FOR IT ALL!!!! It pays to feed, clothe and shelter the military. It funds the police and keeps them employed. It funds D.C. and keeps them employed. So really, WHO'S TO BLAME; "Them" or YOU?

This is true. I WISH all that money didn't come out of my paycheck... lol

top topics

join