It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Must Be Better...Utopia In THIS Generation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
I'm confused at what about my post implied statism...

My Utopian society is 'libertarian,' in the sense of absolute freedom. What I am speaking of is very multi-faceted, so I of course cannot succinctly talk about it all, or really go into much depth, but to briefly touch on the social aspects of my model for Utopia...

The Internet would be utilized to help facilitate interactions and various social linkages designed based on shared ideals, or preferences. A classification system would be used whereby everyone could be linked together based on compatibility, so each individual could have their own personal utopia. The idea here is not 'choosing' one society, but rather a flow throughout life where everyone continually designs their own life-experience, and the system helps link people together for ideal experiences moment to moment. This would, actually, be the most radical experiment in freedom ever, as it would be entirely decentralized and meant to empower every individual's preferences. Certainly not statist.

Another aspect of it, at least according to my taste, is the empowerment of individual's as something like life-actors. People would be able to experiment with different viewpoints, and play different roles, and be linked with others to 'act it out.' People would be able to design their own perfect experiences they would like to have, and some sort of database would link together compatible people who desired the same thing so they would be able to do virtually anything they wanted, with the perfect people. There would be perfect freedom to design ideologies, experiences, and roles, and then be able to 'act them out' or experience them. This freedom would create an environment where one was not bound to any one of these things, and when you combine this with a free sharing of information and results, you get an incredible rate of evolution and movement towards perfection on an individual and collective scale.

^^

new topics

<< 1   >>

join