It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second date advice please?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Met a cool girl the other night, i had been talking to her/texting her for about a month now, but i drive a truck and dont have a lot of time at home, she also lives half an hour from where i do and works 60 hours a week. Finally got to meet her the other night, and i really liked her a lot. Shes really shy though and wants to take it real slow. Thats alright with me. And shes made it known that she wants to see me again this weekend.
we arent "dating" yet, but im trying to figure out what to do for a second date. I have no experience whatsoever with taking it slow, a second date to me in past relationships pretty much meant having sex the second time, lol...

So can i get any advice on what we should do? She said to surprise her. Thanks in advance guys....

Oh yeah and she thinks 9/11 is an inside job. Sweeeet!! I just hope shes not on ats reading this, and how many handguns i have.....haha...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Take her to see the new Batman movie.

Oh ....wait.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Surprise her by dying your hair orange. Chicks dig that, apparently.

The hair on your head, that is.
edit on 24-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Lmao..you guys are nuts. i actually thought about taking her to the batman movie, but i dunno. i dont like shutting my mouth for two hours straight. And the joker sucks. Id rather dye my hair green and be the riddler!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Take her to the movies.

Do not take her to dinner ---- Make her dinner.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
First of all, congratulations on meeting someone you like. Tough these days.

Girls really like surprises, so there's your clue. Surprise her by remembering everything about the first date. That blows them away. Secondly be original. Culture is cool. Find something cultural going on this weekend, and take her there. You can add whatever at the end of the event. Also, if you buy her something, keep it hidden until the end of the date. Most guys give it up as soon as they pick the girl up. Be different... they like that...

link   
Duct tape, Benedryl and Realtree® camo.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

link   

2nd date advice......................take it while you can get it mate and act yourself - not some half-wit.

Once you're married its finished (the thrill of the chase)..............God bless beer!!

(and my wife if she's reading this!!)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Taking it slow generaly means she isn't looking for a lay anytime soon, or she's wanting to play the field before she commits to any one guy. My advice is don't fall in love.

Personally most the people that use the phrase "take it slow" don't even know what that means. Nowadays having sex the first time you meet has become cliche.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Take her to see the new Batman movie.

Oh ....wait.

My wife and i went to see that today, i thought it was good, and we didn't get shot up in the process

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Do stuff that you are both likely to enjoy (if you're not sure if she'll enjoy it, drop hints to find out, it shouldn't need to be some big secret).

- Take a walk somewhere peaceful and scenic (bring extra jackets or other warm clothing especially if it will get cold).
- Enjoy a movie (doesn't have to be the latest or even at a theatre).
- Have a meal (somewhere nice).
- Catch your favourite music (live).
- Stare at some art.
- See a live show.

The possibilities are manifold. Just ENJOY.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Take her downtown to an open air mall, where there may be attractions, or to an open air event of some sort.
Walking helps as it seems to stop those awkward bits of silence.
Pack a lunch, something you made or you know she will like.
Or just for kicks, keep a bag of lime, bottle of whiskey, a shovel, and a roll of duct tape in the trunk, then ask her to grab something out of there.

WALK around.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Taking it slow generaly means she isn't looking for a lay anytime soon, or she's wanting to play the field before she commits to any one guy. My advice is don't fall in love.

Personally most the people that use the phrase "take it slow" don't even know what that means. Nowadays having sex the first time you meet has become cliche.

I agree with you, but im so sick of girls using me. Id like to find a girl that wants me for me, not for my unit or my money. I am playin the field a little myself. I guarantee she is too....but it should still be fun

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Congrats on a successful first date! I would suggest that you avoid the new Batman movie. It's probably a bit too soon to share such a violent, dark movie at this juncture in your "relationship". Taking it slow means no smothering or premature intimacy, so keep things light, fun and stress free. Activities such as visiting an art museum or zoo; taking a cooking class; listening to live music or attending a fair or festival are a good way to get to know each other, very fun and promote closeness and a bond which in turn leads to trust and intimacy. Good Luck and God bless!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Or just for kicks, keep a bag of lime, bottle of whiskey, a shovel, and a roll of duct tape in the trunk, then ask her to grab something out of there.

WALK around.

That is awesome! (Sounds like a great bug out bag mostly)

Could always take her shooting,
some girls like it as much as we do, don't believe the myths!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No one ever suggests this, so here goes - clean up as well as you can. Use little or no cologne and a scentless deodorant. Clean you teeth. Use dental floss or I highly recommend a Waterpik(R). Sometimes even your sinuses will give an odor so take vitamin C for that, it will help your tonsils, also (the pus pockets that form in them).

Good luck, my friend, and happy trails...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This might sound kind of cliche, but I'm thinking a backyard cookout with some of your friends. Not a lot of people, just a couple of other couples. Skip the alcohol unless she suggests it. Tell her she can bring some of her favorite CDs if she wants.

It would be sort of a casual dinner party and you will have a chance to see what kind of music she likes and how she reacts to your friends. If things go well, you might even pick up on some things she likes through the conversation.

eta: Congratulations and good luck.
edit on 24-7-2012 by N3k9Ni because: eta

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I agree with you, but im so sick of girls using me. Id like to find a girl that wants me for me, not for my unit or my money. I am playin the field a little myself. I guarantee she is too....but it should still be fun

Well, unless you're in the middle east where women have very little rights, most of them will use you unless theyre looking to settle down and get married and have a family, and that age is usually around 25ish when that biological clock starts to tick. I didn't get married until i was 31, i met my wife a few years after i stopped giving a crap if i spent the rest of my life alone. Thats usually when you find them is when you quit trying to make it happen and then they practically fall out of the sky into your lap.

You'll know when she's starting to dig you when she starts calling you up and making plans to get together, or asking you what you're up to (which means she's thinking about you and possibly wanting to see you).

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

God sakes don't show her the hand guns...

I would avoid the movies too... you can't get to know each other at the movies.

You have to do something active... miniput.. bowling... IF you happen to live somewhere around some intersting attractions like haunted houses, mazes... fun houses... wax museums... an arcade.

Anything where you can interact with her... NOT the movies... even a bar is fine as long as you can talk.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow, taking it slow, so does that mean she is frigid or a wild one waiting to be let loose? (I suppose you will need to tell us that later)

Any-way I have no experience in taking things slow…. but my thoughts would be:

Keep your tongue out of her ear when she is talking……

Don’t take off your pants for any reason……

Or kill a small furry animal in front of her……

Or show her your collection of cannon balls……

& most importantly, never kill a small furry animal with a cannon ball when you have your pants down….. It’s just not a good look, believe me, I know!

PS: Be prepared that she can change her mind about going slow…. so condom’s man, purchase at least a 10 pack…. & put clean sheets down and shave at least 3 times (twice for your face) and toss one off about 30mins before picking her up.

Good luck

Mickierocksman

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join