It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex head of Anglo Irish Bank, Sean Fitzpatrick, arrested at Dublin airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is the third arrest in three days in Ireland of Dodgy bankers. As he was fleeing i doubt if he was going to be a patsy. I wonder what happened to his private jet or why one of his mates couldn't help him out?

Link to story

FORMER Anglo Irish chairman Sean Fitzpatrick was arrested this morning at Dublin airport by members of the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation unit.

He was arrested just after 5.30 am and taken to the Bridewell Garda station. It is believed he was returning from holidays when he was arrested.

edit on 24-7-2012 by discolo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by discolo because: the links refuse to go to the story, but it is there. sheesh

edit on 24-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed title and links

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Sorry to spoil your headline but he may have been coming back into the country!

He was arrested just after 5.30 am and taken to the Bridewell Garda station. It is believed he was returning from holidays when he was arrested.

It seems quite strange that this is the third time he's been arrested about the same matter. Maybe he's got friends in high places and will get off lightly? Or maybe they have been trying to get evidence that will stick.

He is expected to appear in the court of Criminal Justice later this morning. The arrest has been made as part of an ongoing investigation by Gardai into alleged financial irregularities at the former Anglo Irish Bank. Yesterday two senior executives with the former Anglo Bank were the first to be charged in the probe into the lender.

www.independent.ie...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Oh yeah, sorry i just got so excited i had a case of selective reading.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Oh yeah, sorry i just got so excited i had a case of selective reading.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
may there be more!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
now the cops are trying to earn their paycheck these days.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo
This is the third arrest in three days in Ireland of Dodgy bankers. As he was fleeing i doubt if he was going to be a patsy. I wonder what happened to his private jet or why one of his mates couldn't help him out?

Link to story

FORMER Anglo Irish chairman Sean Fitzpatrick was arrested this morning at Dublin airport by members of the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation unit.

edit on 24-7-2012 by discolo because: the links refuse to go to the story, but it is there. sheesh

edit on 24-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed title and links

So was he fleeing or returning?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Different places apparently. RTE (the national T.V station) says he was arrested at home.www.rte.ie...
Former Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Sean FitzPatrick has been arrested by members of the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation.
Mr FitzPatrick was arrested at his home in Greystones, Co Wicklow, at 6.30am.

top topics

join