It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter S Thompson 911 Australian Broadcasting Corporation Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hi Everyone!

I have been listening to a very amazing interview of Hunter S Thompson by The Australian Broadcasting Corporation on Thursday29 August 2002. Hunter very candidly expresses his understanding and grave concerns about the 911 attacks and the consequences upon civil rights in the U.S (and many other countries).

Anyone truly interested in 911 should listen to Hunter on this. He is a very bright human being, somewhat a genius in fact, perhaps too much an individualist and out on his own journey to be a mainstream representative? OR in other words many people would judge him on his various addictions and alleged suicide? Means the same thing to me.

However, I do not judge him on either score. If I judged him on that I would also have to judge many other great writers, poets, artists, thinkers and music artists in the same way.

Still I find Hunter so eloquent and his mind and reasonings are scarily acurate and precise!

Here are the radio interviews in three parts on youtube:

I did an ATS search and could not find this interview posted. There are a number of posts that picked up on Hunter's concerns about 911, even that his suicide was not suicide, but that he was murdered! Here is one such thread on ATS that discusses that. I do not know about this, but I recognise a genius artist and a man who's novels are worth reading:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In memory of Hunter S Thompson (American Journalist and Author)

Thanks for reading.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think the good doctor is best summed up in his own words: One of gods prototypes, too beautiful to live too unique to die... or something like that

I did see the interview back when it aired, but thanks for sharing this. S&F

EDIT: no I didnt see it, I thought you were linking the Foreign Correspondent interview from ABC tv...
edit on 24-7-2012 by cartenz because: I was wrong

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
I think the good doctor is best summed up in his own words: One of gods prototypes, too beautiful to live too unique to die... or something like that

I did see the interview back when it aired, but thanks for sharing this. S&F

EDIT: no I didnt see it, I thought you were linking the Foreign Correspondent interview from ABC tv...
edit on 24-7-2012 by cartenz because: I was wrong
Can you find the TV interview.. perhaps from youtube and link it?

new topics

join