It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, No One Can Accuse The French of Not Being Sexist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I wonder how things would go down here in the states if this happened in Congress.
Of course, France, Paris in particular is known as a romantic place where love is in the air.
Too bad most of the people who make laws for the country are just plain pigs. I thought these frankies were a little more sophisticated than the common construction worker; I guess not.

Cecile Duflot was barraged with wolf-whistles and yells of “Phwoarr” when she stood up in a summery dress and high heels.

And here is the sadly typical excuse:

Anger increased when MP Patrick Balkany, a close pal of Mr Sarkozy, said Ms Duflot had put on the knee-length floral dress “so we wouldn’t listen to what she was saying”.

What a bunch of children these men are, most of them married. How do their wives feel or is this just "how it is" over in Paris?

Men who act like children

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Different culture I guess.

Id like to hear what french women think about this.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I guess it is. Now I'm going to get slammed but was she even really that hot? Pretty yes, but it seems to me these dudes need to get out more.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I guess it is. Now I'm going to get slammed but was she even really that hot? Pretty yes, but it seems to me these dudes need to get out more.

Well, seems to me you are viewing this from an Extreme American centric view point, you understand cultural norms change from place to place.

Did you know Japanese women are expected to exit the work force the instant they get married?

Different strokes for different folks.

Dont get me wrong, as an American I view the behavior as down right Douche-baggie, just I understand the standards here may not apply there.

As an example my wife studied in spain for 6 months and she reported the guys where damn forward there and free with the whistles and cat calls. To a level that would never stand here in the US, hell I am sure it even changes by state to state in some cases.
edit on 21-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

? I got the "news" from a British paper (if it can be called that). I really don't know if whistling down a speaker in the French Senate is the norm, admittedly. I realize there are cultural differences regarding women around the world, but isn't France supposed to have a little class? And by class I mean not making claims it is impossible to hear what she has to say because she was wearing a knee-high dress? Just seems silly.

Then again, I have a pretty funny american centric view when it comes to the Italian Stallions trying to be so sexy towards american women in Italy. I seriously was wondering when one of them was going to simply pick up and carry off my then wife.

CJ
edit on 21-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Just a bunch of horndogs.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Culture isn't a reason to not respect the opposite sex of an elected official or anyone for that matter.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Agreed. Perhaps the summer heat is getting to them. Frat boy stuff.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My sister and I went to Paris last year, our advice to women: do not make eye contact with strangers, it is an invitation to sexual advancements. Even our waiter got fresh with us and all we did was order salad.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yeah, but just look at how the US populous treated Sarah Palin because she was a hot female. I mean she was a moron but still.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well, average joe plumber is like that. I don't remember any senators or congresspeople cat calling her, but I may be wrong on that.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

Oolala! Le Salad! Tre sexi!

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
well, no body exactly wants to see nancy pelosi in a thong and mini-dress.

actually i have a picture of her in my car beside the radio to deter car thieves.

much cheaper and effective than a car alarm.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yeah, I can see that. Can you imagine Pelosi getting any catcalls? Hmmm.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Ed Schultz may get a hard-on at seeing that.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Just spit my drink at the screen. Damn it that happens once a night here on ATS...

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Actually it often is used as the excuse... look at the middle east and its treatment of women.

Again looking through the eyes of an American it disgust me, but who knows if I was raised in that society, its kinda of arrogant to assume the culture doesn't have a major impact on such.

Your looking at this with your American sensibilities, which because of your up bringing you view as correct.

Im inclined to agree, I am not saying it is not Morally wrong, I am saying its culturally excepted there.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That french woman is not even remotely attractive. What were those guys thinking? They probably just got back from a ten martini lunch.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This wasn't culture, it was using the chauvinism card to shut out what she was saying and in Canada we've had different flavors of this in the past, don't think it was on what she was wearing but it was a chauvinism to shut out what she was doing, a boys club harrassing the good thoughts the equality side brings forward.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join