It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cinema Shooting. Is what it is.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
All these threads about the shooting being some huge conspiracy are driving me nuts. I know this is a conspiracy site, but not every event that happens is some move by TPTB. It is what it is. Some crazy, mentally ill person loaded up on weapons and tried killing as many innocent people as he could.

My thoughts go to the families that have been affected, but stop digging for a conspiracy. Take a step back and ask was columbine a false flag? No. People sometimes fly off that handle bars, and # happens. End.
edit on 21-7-2012 by anthbes because: Spelling

edit on 21-7-2012 by anthbes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
It is what it is. Some crazy, mentally I'll person loaded up on weapons and tried killing as many innocent people as he could.

And you can categorically state this because? I mean you are adamant it is not a conspiracy, what evidence do you have?

Oh that would be just your opinion then? Just like everyone else, an Opinion. But then of course you feel your opinion is worth more than everyone else's and so we should all just be quiet and listen to you

Thanks

But on reflection, I think nope...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

If you and the rest of the people on here need to find a conspiracy with every thing that happens. All the power to you. Not everything is a thriller.

And no my opinion isn't worth a damn. At least I don't try masking a horrible event with a shady conspiracy. It is what it is man. A horrible cinema shooting.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your thread is exactly what a dis info agent would post, to sway deeper investigation into an event such as this, just saying.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Im sorry but no one carries this out with this type of planning just to throw in the towel when confronted. Im not buying it, there's something missing here. Conspiracy or not.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by anthbes

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your thread is exactly what a dis info agent would post, to sway deeper investigation into an event such as this, just saying.

Haha, here we go. Yes I am a disinformation agent. Look at any of my previous posts and you would realize I have been on this site for over 2 years and am for sure no one trying to spread disinformation.

Please don't try to derail this thread. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

I agree. America is a violent society that glamourizes violence and weapons in movies, TV and video games. People are literally bombarded with violent images. Add to that mix, easy access to high powered weapons and events like this are inevitable and should come as no real surprise. People want to create a narrative that helps explain something like this. ATS as usual has to come up with the false flag option.

You will be described as a disinfo agent for stating the obvious on this site.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't see how an unemployed student would be able to afford 20k+ worth of weapons, ammunition, tear gas and armor suiting? He also rigged up a "sophisticated' explosive setup, the likes of which the bomb squad "have never seen before". There's lots of other details that don't add up, and I'm sure a lot more will surface.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NeuronDivide

So if it was a setup by people who run the world or US, don't you think they would have analyzed the fact people would question how he purchased the weapons? I am sure in the following weeks all will come to light and it won't be what everyone on ats wants to hear, therefor another conspiracy (or 50) will come to be.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by anthbes

Haha, here we go. Yes I am a disinformation agent. Look at any of my previous posts and you would realize I have been on this site for over 2 years and am for sure no one trying to spread disinformation.

Please don't try to derail this thread. Not everything is a conspiracy.

i never claimed u to be anything, i just brought up a plausible scenario, getting a little defensive? and by the way wouldnt a dis info agent try to laugh off accusations and point to his past posts as reference, just sayin

edit on 21-7-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

If you and the rest of the people on here need to find a conspiracy with every thing that happens. All the power to you. Not everything is a thriller.

And no my opinion isn't worth a damn. At least I don't try masking a horrible event with a shady conspiracy. It is what it is man. A horrible cinema shooting.

I don't find a conspiracy in everything, and I am not sure I see any conspiracy in this, it is too early and not enough facts to go on, there are however some interesting points with it that don't fit the usual pattern for this type of event. Its not disaffected students full of teenage angst and raging against a society they feel they don't fit into, or some lone freak that never came out of his basement. In fact most of the reports about him tell of a highly intelligent university student.

However I cannot see a motive for a conspiracy in this, if it is to repeal America's gun laws, then there would have to be a series of events like this in fairly quick succession in order to get the people afraid of others having weapons, a one off incident would not build enough backing to get a change in constitution.

But you have to know coming on to a conspiracy site and trying to tell people not to look for a conspiracy would be like telling a fish not to swim in the water, it aint going to happen.

Conspiracy or not, there is one thing for certain, this is a huge tragedy and there are a lot or broken hearted families out there today, my heart goes out to them

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I agree with that post 100%. I come to ATS for breaking news and for News I won't get on regular cable. I was just venting because sometimes all the digging at a subject can get annoying and it can really take away from what happened.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as*** CONSPIRACIES,*** UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of

What do you expect to find here?
How to replace the transmission on your Xy Falcon or make a cheese and bacon omelette ?
Well ,what do you know
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-7-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I agree with that post 100%. I come to ATS for breaking news and for News I won't get on regular cable. I was just venting because sometimes all the digging at a subject can get annoying and it can really take away from what happened.

No offense, but that isn't what ATS is for. ATS is a discussion site with a conspiracy theme. People discuss things, people offer alternative views. ATS is not a news source. So stop it.

Second, you claim people on ATS are being irrational and looking for a conspiracy in everything. Yet, in your own version of conspiracy, you insist everyone just "drop it" because he was "just crazy" and there is nothing else to the matter. Really, if only everything in this world was so easily dismissed. How convenient that would be. We wouldn't be into so many wars.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

This means that my opinion isn't worth a damn, so just ignore it.

I'm with you on this, Anthbes. I think most people are SOOO bored with life that they actually HOPE to find a conspiracy behind everything.

Here's the thinking behind this conspiracy theory: The anti-gun, Satan worshipers got together and said, "Let's hire a really smart kid with a bright future and talk him into killing a bunch of people. This has to be done with Batman showing in a cinema so that conspiracy theorists can connect the dots that lead them to us as the perpetrators of this crime."

Everybody needs to get REAL on this!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as*** CONSPIRACIES,*** UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of

What do you expect to find here?

I expect to find conspiracies that make sense. As in: Twenty shootings in cinemas within a short period of time (a week or a month). Nobody asks, "What secret organization gave that lone dog rabies so that it would attack people going to a pet shop?"

This is one person that slipped into insanity, with enough intelligence to pull off what he did. That's it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Please contribute to one of the several open threads on this topic

Thank you

Closing

Semper

new topics

top topics

join