It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally understand the real reasons for all the wars. And no it's not oil. Everyone must know!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
People like to act that we've become more militaristic only under Bush but that's not true. We've been militaristic a really long time in fact ever since our nation's inception. We fought the Barbary pirates in what could be called a war. we've fought with the British a few times. We've conquered lands to the West of the East Coast and gotten huge contracts. We conquered Cuba. The Phillipines. Just what is the reason for this? And why are we in the Middle-East?

We aren't just intervening in the ME for oil. Maybe we're intervening in Iran for oil, but, that's the exception. So I have some questions. Why do we constantly fail with diplomacy time and time again? Look at Iran (nationalinterest.org...) where we constantly fail to understand them. The US's idea of peace with Afghanistan is a peace treaty with the Taliban (www.csmonitor.com...) they same government that brought order to Afghanistan but also brought tragedy to many of the people in Afghanistan. The United States also (maybe correctly) provokes Russia into conflict (english.ruvr.ru...). And we're trying to provoke China into a nuclear arms race (nationalinterest.org...), and we believe Israel's accusation that Iran is behind the recent suicide bus bombing (www.salon.com...).

It is clear that with interventions in Libya, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, being allies with the most corrupt governments in the middle east, helping rebels in Uganda, basically provoking Iran to war, implementing sanctions on any nation that it deems a threat that the United States wants to stomp it down. Any nation that is not deemed "Democratic" that does not have our interests at heart will be toppled, under the guise of humanitarian reasons. And if a nation is Democratic, they might even have a problem like Turkey and the "kurdish" problem and get away with it. Any nation that challenges the order that is not important enough will be declared war on or militaristic intervention.

Even as skeptical as I am about the government I honestly thought that the militarism would get smaller. But no. We're a militaristic state. Obama is the imperial President (nationalinterest.org...). So this is the real reason for these wars, our government is trying to spread its power and influence on the rest of the world. It's not trying to be the world police, or, "police" conflicts. It's trying to establish bases elsewhere and try to challenge major powers.

Sorry leftists, and peak-oil conspiracy theorists, but, I think after doing a lot of thinking and research on this subject, this is the conclusion I've come to.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I think the oil thing is just the icing on the cake. Money in the pockets of those like Cheney.

But you could be on to something about the provocative thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Yeah, that definitely makes sense. The government probably knew the Middle East was going to end up a conflict zone between China, Russia and NATO ahead of time and wanted some military bases in Iraq so that they could launch attacks from there. That could have been the main reason for the war.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

From sources I've heard. It's definitely more than oil, but I would not count out the masses of resources the mid-east holds. bunny fingers.

We are even going to be siding with china and china siding with us, because of resources, we have what they want and they have what we want.
I don't know why the ideology of the world uniting is wrong when the world as of now is wars and rumors is putting a mental toll on all populations.

Even honeycombs exist in the mid-east. I question this, why?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
War is the only thing left, that is a growing export from the US.

When the War Machine stops, the US economy will crash hard.

So, onward to Syria, then Iran, yemen, basically where Brown people are.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think it is a mystic elevation of war worship coupled with ancient sun worship by our elites. They seem to think that by creating mass sacrifice they will be empowered. It is mass sacrifice by occultist mad men.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
War, has always been and will always be about greed and power. For all the flowery rhetoric about democracy and saving people, its just about land and resources and that will never change.

It is not always about oil, you are correct there, Afghanistan was't about oil, strange though that just after they invaded they found the largest deposit of Lithium in the world so far... And funny how heroin production that had fallen completely under the Taliban suddenly rocketed again once the west took over.

Libya and Syria, and Iran are not about oil either (although that is an added incentive) more to do with those countries not bowing down to the central bankers and the IMF, trust me if Iran let the Rothschild's own a central bank in Iran the west would say sweet FA about the Iranian nuclear program, in fact we would be queuing up to sell nuclear material to them .

It is ALWAYS about money, whether in the form of land and people (and people are a very big resource) or other natural resources it always and I mean always boils down to money and power

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
]reply to post by Frankidealist35

"interventions in Libya, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen",

And all this time I thought it was all about controlling the "Stargates"
Silly me.

edit on 21-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer

It is not always about oil, you are correct there, Afghanistan was't about oil, strange though that just after they invaded they found the largest deposit of Lithium in the world so far...

I can't make this a one-liner. but this is exactly the truth, I was trying to state. Lithium and every other source that will come to be from the mid-east.

I think the next could be china since they have all the sources for what makes our, pc tv etc etc. but, that would be stupid, right?

but from its source, one more war is likely, to keep USA from total debt.
edit on 21-7-2012 by RadioHawken because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2012 by RadioHawken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The desire for war seems to depend on the President, or in reality, the puppet masters pulling his strings.
Washington - war
Jefferson - war
Polk - war
Buchanan - peace
Lincoln - war
T. Roosevelt - war
Wilson - war
Harding - peace
Coolidge - peace
Hoover - peace
FDR - war
Truman - war
Eisenhower - peace; but starved Germans after the war, returned Soviet citizens to Stalin
Kennedy - closer to peace
Johnson - war
Nixon - war; war crimes
Ford - peace
Carter - peace
Reagan - war on little countries that can't fight back
Bush Sr - war; highway of death war crimes
Clinton - bombed Belgrade war crimes
Bush Jr - two major wars, lied to start war, war crimes

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If you get time have a watch of this video

very thought provoking.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Why must everyone know?

That will not change a thing.

No need to spaz just because you have an idea.

I have said that "New World Order" could be interpreted as "Order of the New World" as in, America being the "New World" as termed by Columbus. Nobody thought anything of it, but it is very obvious the "New World" has every intention of expanding indefinitely or as long as it can.

The Zionists are running this. They have to be. They have control of the US government. Master thieves as they are, they will keep going as long as they can until they are unstoppable. They must be trying to completely outnumber any and all collective enemies that might try to collaborate and bring together a fight against the US.

It's not even fair to call the US, just the USA. The US has bases in so many countries. We 'waste' the most money on [offense] than the next 25 countries combined. Yet, we are controlled by foreign entities. The bankers, for sure. We must be their protection.

What about the Vatican? How do they fit into this? Everyone knows they are a control mechanism, but are they something more?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well, welcome to the club, Frank.

You might want to consider the Reptilian Agenda, there is no other explanation that makes sense.....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Well, the way I see it is the gangster mentality of sending people to vandalize a shopkeeper's business, then sending some other guys to the shop the next day offering "protection". The U.S. invades countries, blames the invasion on someone else, then offers arms or a military base for "protection". Other countries around the region buy arms to defend themselves, as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
War is the only thing left, that is a growing export from the US.

When the War Machine stops, the US economy will crash hard.

So, onward to Syria, then Iran, yemen, basically where Brown people are.

You know people keep on saying this, but war is pretty is not a net positive for the economy. People will point at WW2 and the US, but that was such a freak set of conditions that won't be repeated, of a idle workforce with a country with heavy industry while the rest of the world was bombing itself apart. Wars are costly and the price of fighting them have been cause of more wars and revolutions. US Revolution was in part a response to the taxes the British wanted to raise to pay off the previous war, the French Revolution was in part a a response to the fact that France went into debt fighting the British in the US Revolution.

So no if there was no war, the US economy would probably be doing better since we're not adding that much more billions of dollar to the deficit to keep carriers and infantrymen stocked and armed to blow up even more people.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You just now come to this conclusion? Where have you been for the last 40 years. This conclusion has been around a lot longer than 40 years. It is always a political power strugle. Every faction has a political leaning and operates from that. World domination by might, or by political leaning has been going on since man firts had an army, and America has been engaged in it since WWI or before. That it is about oil of something else is just a destraction by those who do not truely understand it is always about political power.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
haliburton
dick cheney
haliburton
haliburton
it was dick cheney
no it was haliburton

ask your representatives they voted for it.
yes the democrats voted for war.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Close. But, actually the eastern Asian nations are currently being used for as a buffer against China (Vietnam, Taiwan, South Korea, etc). The Middle-East is being used as a buffer zone between the Western powers and the other nations in that region, with the Western powers trying to retain dominance.

new topics

top topics

join