It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning Bolt Plasma Laser - U.S. Weapon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Cool theory, but such a device would have been visible. We have a lightning bolt shooter, lasers punch a hole in the air to guide the bolt. I got that info here. See, real top secret stuff is on here. That thread disappeared. I guess they will let the public see the lightning bolt thing soon.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Dude now I'm intrigued. I want to know more about this other tech I've stumbled upon with my post. I've ben curious about alternative energy for a while. Just not to read up on the technical side of things. I catch on quickly though so if you don't mind I'd love to hear more about it. If you don't want to derail the thread you can always send me a U2U.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I don't think that a satellite based version of this would work. Sure, you could shoot the laser into a thunderstorm to get lighting to strike a point of your choosing, but you wouldn't be able to transmit the lightning from the satellite, as the satellite is in vacuum (or at least incredibly thin gas) and would in all likelihood have insufficient ionized gas on the near end of the laser to actually transmit your lightning/

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

I don't think that a satellite based version of this would work. Sure, you could shoot the laser into a thunderstorm to get lighting to strike a point of your choosing, but you wouldn't be able to transmit the lightning from the satellite, as the satellite is in vacuum (or at least incredibly thin gas) and would in all likelihood have insufficient ionized gas on the near end of the laser to actually transmit your lightning/

• It doesn't work like that. No lightning from space. Just one of two options. The 'ray,' so-to-speak, is only for the position and targeting until it reaches atmospheric area of the storm clouds at their lowest point (formula is basic, available information based upon locale but remains consistent) where it then works it's lens effects, flashing a bolt of lightning down upon the intended GPS/high-frequency radar tracked target. Size, duration, and strength are all controllable to an extent.

Since current iterations of targeting are affected by simple cloud cover and interfering slightly with non-locked warheads, the bolt continues on down until Tango is accomplished. Benefits are the following: Cheap (mother nature as a weapon is heavily funded and the future of covert and mass destruction warfare), overcomes cloud-cover issues, leaves no clear evidence that military personnel was ever involved. ~ "We have had no involvement. No ground, air, sea, or special forces have been deployed anywhere near the decimated area. Lightening storms striking a foreign weapons facility are terrible natural accidents. We extend our condolences to the nation for any injuries sustained or loss of life. We are open to sending humanitarian and relief as offering of good will towards the nation of ..."

• There are many delivery methods, but the second would simply be air drops. Packages of compressed ions to excite the clouds beforehand. Then beyond that you're just left with strategy and logistical solutions to work out among others. Lasers rip the ions forming the aforementioned 'lens' effect, speeding the lightning to it's destination. This can be attained by other means as well though (plasma, even sound among others). Just isn't proper to speak about it on a forum. I apologize if anything I've shared seems cryptic, I really am just trying to share what I can.

edit: One additional delivery system. A drop splitting into two in more difficult terrain will work as well. A device using a laser-propelled 'engine' spiraling straight down also leaves a trail to follow, expanding upon the laser's work before it is heated up and destroyed initiating a plasma reaction involving chemicals and microwaves and miniature ... which then acts as a stage 3 (1 being the shuttle's detachment) device which then gives one last powerful push to ENSURE that the lightning does no stray at the last moment. As long as it's weighted enough it will remain fairly constant.

If anyone is unfamiliar with laser-propelled 'engine', youtube may have something. Works but heats up rapidly, thus why it [could] be used in order to destroy evidence and strengthen the final Tango Uniform.
edit on 19-7-2012 by SoulVisions because: laser propulsion information added

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

Dude now I'm intrigued. I want to know more about this other tech I've stumbled upon with my post. I've ben curious about alternative energy for a while. Just not to read up on the technical side of things. I catch on quickly though so if you don't mind I'd love to hear more about it. If you don't want to derail the thread you can always send me a U2U.

I would like to, I really mean it, but that kind of technology is illegal here in the US. This forum is monitored extensively (see older Military forum post regarding this) so it's difficult enough to share things at times. "free energy" is possible to an extent but even if info was disclosed in it's entirety, paying for and acquiring said equipment would be impossible. Possibly even made so. I've heard horror stories so again, I'm sorry, friend.

Don't want to ruin my relationship anyways. Still waiting for Darpa to call back (serious). It's been over a year since any words exchanged. But I'm happy in a way too. I don't like the idea of people getting hurt. I prefer fundamentals in cutting edge technologies. What they do with it from there.. Don't want to be involved.
edit on 19-7-2012 by SoulVisions because: added text

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This sounds fun... Just kidding. But seriously,i think this kinda of weapon shouldn't be used in warfare until at least the enemy has something as less powerful to make the fight not as easy,but we will win out of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join