It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...all you 2012/end of world/Niburu etc believers...what will you say/do when nothing happens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You guys seem pretty convinced that your frankly ridiculous (but highly entertaining) theories about the end of the world in 2012 are going to come through. A lot of you seem convinced that something big is going to go down at the Olympics. A huge terrorist attack, the illuminati doing something, false flag etc....

Now, when (not if) nothing actually happens and we slip quietly into 2013, will you guys admit you were wrong? Will you pretend like you hadn't said anything? Or will you say that you got the dates wrong and its actually in 20xx?

Because make no mistake. There is no Niburu. The world will not end in 2012 either. I look forward to hearing your excuses!

edit on 19-7-2012 by 3danimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They will just come up with a new date for the world to end.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Very original thread.

What's it, number 15 or something?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

If you buy house insurance, vehicle insurance, life insurance, why is anyone that stocks up on food/supplies any different? Is it because they actually have something tangible in their house? I am prepared, I hope to God nothing happens, but if it does, don't bother asking me for help.

Which one are you?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

All you have to do to get your answer is to look at the multitudes of other doomsday dates (On this very site)that have come and gone without incident without resorting to belittling those people that thought wrong.
They may or may not be wrong (I think it'll be akin to a Heaven's Gate incident, mixed with some potential riots). But I don't have to resort to being snarky if I'm right and they're wrong.
edit on 19-7-2012 by WalterKovacs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WalterKovacs

Yes, I think that is the proper attitude. I hope nothing happens, but, I worry that it will be more like a Heaven's Gate episode. I just hope it isn't like Jonestown but, happening worldwide.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The really major effect was going to be 2000 - even the 'Millenium Bug was going to be used by the Illuminati to put their software in place, or would naturally throw us back to the stone-age as all microchip systems went down. As we went into 1999 I had earfuls from my end-of-the-world friends.

what happened?

2000 came and went without a single blip, so not only did the Secret World Order miss their biggest chance ever to re-route humanity, but my friends skulked away to revise their thinking.

Wasn't there supposed to have been some 'jupiter Effect' decades ago, planetary alignment that was going o cause all manner of global upheavels?

come and gone - like 2012 will - but ......
I think the REAL date is 2020!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The majority of my "preping" for any event has always been the same.

Buy guns.

Buy ammo.

Funny no matter the fabled dooms day event I am always prepared.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I agree. Unfortunately based on prior incidents, I think it would be like Heaven's Gate/Jonestown...(More like Jonestown based on how many people believe in 2012 compared to past doomsday dates). Now, I may not be on board all the way with something happening, but I do believe people's belief that something with happen will cause strife. So that's why I stocked up some supplies and other essentials to last about a month or two. Proper prior planning prevents p!ss poor performance. And it's better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have. I'm hedging my bets and covering my butt just in case potential riots are worse than I thought.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
here's whats funny. You could get hit by a bus today. Your heart could stop. You could have a stroke. Or you could be fixing your roof and fall off it. That's the most likely situations you're gonna go. But rather its way more fun and exciting to worry about getting sucked into planet Niburu and discintigrating in outer space isn't it. No you got way better odds to win the lotto.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
The majority of my "preping" for any event has always been the same.

Buy guns.

Buy ammo.

Funny no matter the fabled dooms day event I am always prepared.

ahhh yes, but in the USA, you can go into that kind of survivalist mode, not here in Britain, we would need to sit by law until society has broken down before looking for the nearest sharp piece of flint to defend ourselves with!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This post even more so proves that nobody knows what is coming. I personally stay optimistic about 2012, but I surely don't go out of the way to hide in secret underground bunkers

The only thing we CAN be sure of, (and I am very sure of this) is that there will be unrest in people on that day, including suicides, store robberies, etc. (similair to new orleans when the storms hit.)

I personally will probably be chillin at home

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TraitorKiller
Very original thread.

More like 15 thousand. We are so close to the date now yet they still can't shut up and wait, then start mocking after the date has passed and nothing happens.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I will just make a new date up and half of you will believe me all over again.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartaxa

ahhh yes, but in the USA, you can go into that kind of survivalist mode, not here in Britain, we would need to sit by law until society has broken down before looking for the nearest sharp piece of flint to defend ourselves with!

Yes... exactly the type of situation they would love to have here.

Exactly why all my preparing goes to MORE guns and MORE ammo.

Just incase that situation ever happens here...

A few rounds of 9mm/45ammo would trade for much in any SHTF scenario...

There are always ways around the "gun ban" in England... Depending on your budget...

But

I am sure a cross bow and long bow could be interesting in an urban SHTF scenario, where you lose range, rapid fire, and stopping power you gain in complete silence and ammo you can even make on your own.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why would anyone care or find humour in someone preparing for something if it does not come true?
How are you affected in any way?

In my view preppers are a pretty smart breed. They buy in bulk, food and essentials that lasts for years and iif there predictions do not come true, what are they left with? A lot of usable items bought at pre-inflationary costs.

Arbitrary numbers here: While others are paying 10.00 a roll for toilet paper, the preppers are using up toilet paper they bought for 5 dollars a roll months or years ago.

Hell, preppers are the smart ones! We all should follow their example. Beat inflation, be a prepper!

Nothing wrong with being prepared, and buying items that last for years at pre-inflationary pricing.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

but...but...but...they're crazy! Why prepare for something (proactive) when something hasn't happened yet?(reactive). Imagine if they trained the US military that way!?
I love when people make these threads, and then disappear. They never have an answer when you bring up; house insurance, car insurance health insurance. It is laughable.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by TraitorKiller
Very original thread.

More like 15 thousand. We are so close to the date now yet they still can't shut up and wait, then start mocking after the date has passed and nothing happens.

lol it's almost as if the "nothing is gonna happen" crowd is trying to program us

one actually hopes something does happen
if only to see the smirks wiped off their faces

on the other hand one of the scenarios
posits our universe dividing
into a universe of Timeless Freedom
and a universe of Eternal Slavery

the "nothing is gonna happen" crowd will be smugly saying "see i told you so"
that day in universe B, all the while wondering why they feel the need to say so
soon they'll have forgotten why
along with ATS, and the internet.
while they continually robotically chant:

"nothing changes, nothing changes , nothing changes"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

but...but...but...they're crazy! Why prepare for something (proactive) when something hasn't happened yet?(reactive). Imagine if they trained the US military that way!?
I love when people make these threads, and then disappear. They never have an answer when you bring up; house insurance, car insurance health insurance. It is laughable.

Laughable to you, and others I suppose. I just dont find the humour in poking fun at others preparedness if it does not affect you in any way.

As to the beating inflation by buying at low prices what others will be paying far more for down the road, that makes good economic sense dont you think?

Perhaps preppers will be laughing at you, paying higher prices for items they bought cheaper?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You misunderstood my whole sarcastic post.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join