It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Israeli Lawmaker Tears up New Testament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
After an eventful Wednesday, this was overshadowed by Syria and Bulgaria. Released in morning, but swamped by the 2 events shortly after.

This isn't helpful action, the propaganda for the day is full enough for many sides... but this needs to be read by as many as possible.

Complaints about hundred year actions by ancestors live on...

Religious Israeli Lawmaker Tears up New Testament

abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/religious-israeli-lawmaker-tears-testament-16800831

JERUSALEM July 18, 2012 (AP)

An Israeli lawmaker has torn up a copy of the New Testament in front of cameras in his parliament office.

An aide says Christian missionaries mailed the Christian scripture to Michael Ben-Ari of the ultranationalist National Union Party.

Itamar Ben-Gvir said Ben-Ari, an Orthodox Jew, was enraged to receive the book, in whose name he says millions of Jews were slaughtered. Ben-Ari tore it up, he said, then posed for photographs with the destroyed Bible.

Many Christians over the centuries persecuted Jews, holding them responsible for Jesus' crucifixion.

Government spokesman Mark Regev said, "We totally deplore this behavior and condemn it outright. This action stands in complete contrast to our values and our traditions. Israel is a tolerant society, but we have zero tolerance for this despicable and hateful act."

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh, no! Christians will be rioting and killing each other as they protest the Great Satan that is Israel for insulting Jesus and Christianity.

No, wait. No they won't.

I will be at a Deicide concert in December. There will be burning of Bibles there. Nobody will care.
edit on 18-7-2012 by kyred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Thanks, will use general search terms in future, title didn't find....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Oh, no! Christians will be rioting and killing each other as they protest the Great Satan that is Israel for insulting Jesus and Christianity.

No, wait. No they won't.

I will be at a Deicide concert in December. There will be burning of Bibles there. Nobody will care.
edit on 18-7-2012 by kyred because: (no reason given)

Destroying another religions text is nothing more than small minded ignorance. A little thing called respect goes a long way in this world.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, I'm a christian and I'm not all that incensed. I think mideastern religions are the ones that tend to lop your head off these days when you don't treat their good book like some magical mystical relic. It's paper, for Pete's sake (or for God's sake for that matter).

Christian persecution and holy crusade atrocities happened millennia ago. We've probably got far more blood on our hands from those than we can ever atone for. Long and short of it is the Jewish people don't buy the new testament. Bad taste to tear it up? Yeah. Something to get all pissy about? Don't think so.
edit on 7-18-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

This isn't an anti Israeli thread, nor a comparison between the strength of reaction that the 3 religions accomplish with each other.

Some Jews and some Christians still clash based on ancient and mediaeval history.

---

That clarified, I guess it can be closed and continued in samsamm9's...
edit on 18-7-2012 by amcpwoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amcpwoy

You mentioned that this needed to be read by as many as possible, why? What image where you hoping to create? What action did you want people to take? How did you want peoples' attitutudes to change? In short, what did you see in it that made it important?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

To create understanding, reduce attrition and avoid unnecessary conflicts
edit on 18-7-2012 by amcpwoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join