It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast hits Israeli tour bus in Bulgaria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

An explosion has struck a bus carrying Israeli tourists in the Bulgarian city of Burgas, on the Black Sea, Bulgarian officials say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Local media reports in Bulgaria say that the tourists arrived from Tel Aviv and about 40 passengers boarded a bus before it exploded in the airport parking lost.

Bulgari’s Ministry of Health has announced that they will be setting up a crisis headquarters in the city to deal with the explosion.

Israel’s Foreign Ministry has also confirmed that there were 3 casualties but declined to specify the incident as a terrorist attack.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I got a call 15 minutes ago from a friend in Burgas.

As far as I understand it's not a "tour bus" but an airport shuttle.

The amount of casualties and wounded vary among news sources. This is most likely a terrorist act.

Why did they have to bring this ######## here

edit on 18-7-2012 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

If I was anyone, I'd keep my distance from those that bring bad Karma to us or our system! hint, hint...Looks like a deeper version of the holocaust is being created around the world, but who is at stake? Also looks like every side wants to sabotage the other so that a war can be created to take land or what not? How pathetic! The people are the ones who pay the price for these deceitful acts! The people have to pay the price for a higher persons actions...? Why is this ? So we are not all equal , right? If a person or group has that much power over us, then we are not equal..

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
All designed to show the israelis that the fears instilled in them by their government are well founded and that they really should hate the rest of the world as a threat.
If it was a muslim faction behind this, they will lay claim to it, how would anyone have known exactly which bus to hit and when?
how big is the airport, how many shuttle buses are running, who has the schedules, was it the usual driver, who had access to the bus before hand, and, was a charles de menezes type figure killed by the security services (yet).
very very convenient, and i am sorry if my skepticism offends you, i feel extremely jaded at the moment.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

All designed to show the israelis that the fears instilled in them by their government are well founded and that they really should hate the rest of the world as a threat.

Just a clarification. Are you suggesting that the Israeli Government blew up the tour bus in order to keep their citizens in fear? If so, then where and how would you get such an idea?

edit on 7/18/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
already the priminister of israel is saying every thing points to iran he's quick at getting the evidences he knows because it was mosad and i would bet it was mosad thats just done the bombing in syria

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

This name, Bulgaria, rung a bell with me and I recalled a theory that linked it to the attempted assasination of the Pope

Several theories exist concerning Mehmet Ali Ağca's assassination attempt. One, strongly advocated since the early 1980s by Michael Ledeen among others, is that the assassination attempt had originated from Moscow and that the KGB had instructed the Bulgarian and East German secret services to carry out the mission. The Bulgarian Secret Service was allegedly instructed by the KGB to assassinate the Pope because of his support of Poland's Solidarity movement, seeing it as one of the most significant threats to Soviet hegemony in Eastern Europe.
Wikipedia
So maybe there are still terrorism-for-hire connections around.
edit on 18-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Bulgaria bus blast was deliberate attack: interior minister

news.yahoo.com/bulgaria-bus-blast-deliberate-attack-interior-minister-181300824.html

SOFIA (Reuters) - An explosion in a bus carrying Israeli tourists which killed at least four and injured dozens at the Bulgarian airport of Burgas was a deliberate attack, national radio BNR quoted Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov as saying.

The police were investigating two possible causes of the blast - that an explosive device was put in the bus before the tourists boarded or that the explosives were in the tourists' luggage, the radio quoted Tsvetanov as saying.

(Reporting by Tsvetelia Tsolova; Editing by Louise Ireland)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yep my dad was there too and can't get back yet. His wizz air flight was canceled but hoping he can get home the weekend.

top topics

join