It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Be Worried from this exchange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hi..just throwing this out in the Gray area for some feed back.
So this is a scenario situation .Its not a big obvious one . A big drama . Just a little act from one person to another that may niggle away at one .

Heres the scenario . Beautiful carefree ride along a well trodden beach pathway that walkers and cyclist both use .

Mainly middle class older people and families or mothers with babies in strollers
Two riders approach each other from opposite directions . One rider is noticeably out of character from normal users .
Young muscular male on good mans bike with a pretty good helmet , sun glasses and !
bandanna covering the face as would an anarchist protesters may do . So he is completely disguised .

As he approached the opposite direction rider he makes a motion of hand cupped like a gun that goes from his forehead to point at other rider . One may think it was just a salute type gesture , untill one considers the heavy face covering outfit .
So , is it strange or not ??? Just wondering how others would feel in that situation .
cheers
A

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hey you guys , feed back needed . Im trying to put together a crediable scenario for an essay short story

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i turn my head to make sure there are no similar garbed riders behind me then scan other surroundings if i have time and the means i light a smoke in case i must us it as a distraction if violence is forthcoming, if i don't have time for such preparations i position my body and hands were my knife is quickly accessible without it being noticeable , if time is on my side i do both, once the riders pass i then realize i need to stop smoking so much old toby cause its making me paranoid

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

If I didn't see an empty hand...I would have SHOT HIM! Bad News when one wears a Facial Bandanna!
Split Infinity....p.s....Bandannas are what Outlaws and Criminals have worn over their faces for over 200 Years or more!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Would have had him pegged well before he got to me. If I can see em comin, i can prepare real incognitus like very quickly.

And as he passes he would be given a wide berth, if he makes any sudden movement in my direction, off the bike he goes.

I would be weary of my surroundings at all times so chances are i would have been on Plan C by the time he got to me. yet i wouldnt be worried.

Its like that everywhere i go, even grocery shopping......war has made me very paranoid.....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The bandaana complete facial cover with pretend gun salute is suggestive definately

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Would have had him pegged well before he got to me. If I can see em comin, i can prepare real incognitus like very quickly.

And as he passes he would be given a wide berth, if he makes any sudden movement in my direction, off the bike he goes.

I would be weary of my surroundings at all times so chances are i would have been on Plan C by the time he got to me. yet i wouldnt be worried.

Its like that everywhere i go, even grocery shopping......war has made me very paranoid.....

You guys are great writers . I love your scenario follow ups .. But you here are ex army . Is it suspicious behaviour of this oncoming rider ? or just normal biking habbits in middle class beach moms areas

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
i turn my head to make sure there are no similar garbed riders behind me then scan other surroundings if i have time and the means i light a smoke in case i must us it as a distraction if violence is forthcoming, if i don't have time for such preparations i position my body and hands were my knife is quickly accessible without it being noticeable , if time is on my side i do both, once the riders pass i then realize i need to stop smoking so much old toby cause its making me paranoid

Loved this descriptive passage of yours . The rider that feel threatened or not is a non old toby smoker...lol

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

Originally posted by Kastogere

You guys are great writers . I love your scenario follow ups .. But you here are ex army . Is it suspicious behaviour of this oncoming rider ? or just normal biking habbits in middle class beach moms areas

what character do u have in mind that will be experiencing this scenario

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

A charater that hangs out at these forums and has developed an active imagination and weird antenna

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If that were to occur here on Cali's touristy bike paths and the guy pointedly made that gesture to me I'd find it worrisome indeed....dont see anyone else biking the paths with bandanas over the face, otherwise I might have thought it was a foreigner just being friendly...but being me I wouldnt have responded except with a cold stare... lol

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

A charater that hangs out at these forums and has developed an active imagination and weird antenna

well i cant say i have an antenna nor am i ex military, but i try to be aware of my surroundings as much as possible even if it means tipping to the pariniod side every once in a while

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

Our rider here who recieved what looked like a gun salute just smiled back all friendly like . But thanks for confirming that it seems to suggest adnormal nbehaviour on tuorist paths. Maybe our innocent character should have reported it to local police incase someone was doing a dry run on a plan .
Think maybe that bike track should be avoided in future

OK , more to the tale of suspicious behaviours and observations .
On the way to beach path our pudgey little conspiracy fan , notices two police vans that say Official Police bike unit parked in a side street back a block from beach .

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Depends on the circumstances? Is it windy and blowing dust around on a dry hot day? Then probably not if he still dresses the part IE he looks like a biker riding his bike.

maybe he's disfigured? has no nose? You cant really rely on looks alone. Actions on the other hand speak volumes.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Forgot to add what the cheery bike riding character had been doing just before heading out to stated bike path .
You know all the drama now over the London Olympics with failed security and the implementation of the military forces to do the security now , plus TSA is being shipped into London to do airport security . That info was being posted on FB!!! the horror of it all .

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

if i see cops scoping out a certain area i believe its a drug bust or parolee house check is going down

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

I thought about that as the weather was not really demanding facial cover and combine that with the pointed finger hand motion ....a strange synchronizity indeed . Damaged face , maybe .

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

That or he has herpes and he's in the throws of a huge flare up.....naw...probably not...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
First of all I would have taken it as a serious threat, I would have let him pass, followed him until he stopped, then very quickly show him his mistake. when I was done with him I'd know if he was friend or foe. If he was being friendly and I made the mistake, I would have apologized and bought him a drink. If he was a true threat to me or my family then he would be fish food. If he was being a jerk and just trying to scare me then I would beat him enough that he would think twice before doing that to another person.
I grew up in a place where threats are dealt with quickly, You let one pass without dealing with it then you open yourself up to everyone else thinking they can do the same to you.

new topics

top topics

join