It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colo. Family Returns Home After 8 Months. Find Squatters Refusing To Leave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi. I'm from the Smith & Wesson Eviction services. Get out now! That would be my 1st thought. Fluent speakers of spanish, I was curious as to why there was only the names of these trespassers available. Nothing at all to say about these people. I find that odd for a MSM looking for anything to talk about besides the truth. Doing my own search into a history, I found zilch on ms Veronica. An address in Elpaso for a Jose age 62 matching this guy. Don't think they're the same. I wonder what the immigration status here is. I'm not prejudice. I think what is good for 1 is good for all. Why should some bust their butts to gain citizenship while others think they can just walk across the border? The owners have a court order for these people to be out. They're still there still refusing to leave. You think something like this wouldn't happen, yet here you go.
CBS4 Denver

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Surprised it took that long.

What I am not understanding is why they did not just call the police... (as I hear that's what they are for)

Instead they move into a basement, and politely wait for these trespassers to leave through the courts.

If someone was living in my house, I would kick all of their asses.

But I've been known to be a reactionary person, so different strokes I guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
lol thats when you start the Ultra-violence...you are in your own home! GTFO SQUATTER OR PAY THE PRICE

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Yeah I don't see what the problem is, tell them to leave, or they will be shot. Simple

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah looks like the squatters were scammed.

You can't adverse posses unless the property is abandoned.
And even then it takes years of paying property taxes on the house to get it in your name.

The owners should of produced a deed or some county record and then the cops should of kicked out the squatters immediately.

What a total cluster.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Does this fall under the whole if you don't use your rights you lose them type thing?

I remember seeing a while back a man Squatted his way into owning a bank owned house.

I would imagine the same rules apply to these home owners that applied to the bank that lost the house for not asserting its ownership rights over it.

Frankly its BS, but that's what happens when laws become so convoluted, never understood why simple language is not used for laws.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I read the article and the comments..WTH is going on in this country..?

I'm with you...there a$$es would have been out on the street upon my returning. I would have thrown their stuff out in the street. He should just call immigration.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Yeah looks like the squatters were scammed.

You can't adverse posses unless the property is abandoned.
And even then it takes years of paying property taxes on the house to get it in your name.

The owners should of produced a deed or some county record and then the cops should of kicked out the squatters immediately.

What a total cluster.

The squatters were not being scammed, they are not victims here. They were running the scam! This is from the article...

Carillo is a former realtor whose license has been revoked. Carillo also faces criminal charges in Denver and has been connected to a string of homes occupied by squatters up and down the Front Range. The homes vary in size and price, but all have connections to Carillo through various court documents CBS4 has obtained.

The story of paying a man is made up. This guy knew exactly what he was doing and was attempting to steal himself a home for pennies on the dollar.

Personally if it was me... he would have been evicted at gunpoint. That simple.

CX

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

edit on 17/7/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

First warning ask them to leave nicely Second warning call police officers Third warning evict them by force

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's only that political correct crap that makes you feel the need to justify your opinion on the need to remove ILLEGAL aliens.

Long ago, we needed immigrants to help build America. Nobody came here and got to cheat our system and all the nice "luxuries" today's immigrants have. I'm not saying I even know how many are doing that, but I know it's happening.

Today, America looks like a palace with open doors to people living in Mexico. Can't say I blame them, but I also realize there is a high potential for abuse of our system. Things are going bad. You don't want to be the new guy on the block when things are going bad. Someone will blame you or those like you, for the problems, whether they are wrong or right.

I just know, when I do something illegal, I can expect consequences if I get caught. So, are we now saying it's okay to do illegal things? I know that isn't true.

No, it seems the elite want to blend the USA into MexiUSA. They know the newcomers will have kids and multiply, and soon, they will outnumber the rest of us, and we'll feel like we're living in Mexico, and we'll be the minority.

Let's be clear that the illegals are acting in their own self interest, so you can't peg any American for wanting to keep things working in their favor too.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just FYI for those saying to call the police. Once they move in, have keys, and have some mail coming to the house, it is a civil matter, the police would be no help. Often times the police are no help on day 1, because the police don't interpret contracts or make findings as to who is "legal" and who isn't the legal occupant.

I agree with other posters though, I'm pretty sure I could rally a handful of friends to have these people literally on the street in a matter of an hour or two, and then once I had possession, the law would be back on my side again. You just have to make sure you have full possession of the residence before the police arrive, or otherwise you look like the bad guy.

This type of thing is not uncommon by the way.

Pensioner takes dog for walk and returns to find locks changed and a family living in his home.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
lol thats when you start the Ultra-violence...you are in your own home! GTFO SQUATTER OR PAY THE PRICE

Yeah... Who the hell just meekly walks away and lives in a relatives basement while someone steals their house? What a coward. I wouldn't have gone so far as killed the squatters .. but I would have broken a few dozen bones and burned all their possessions.

CX

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Pensioner takes dog for walk and returns to find locks changed and a family living in his home.

That is one of the stories that got to me the most. Sorry but i'd be inclined to torch the place, wouldn't care if it put me inside or on the streets.

CX.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Frankly its BS, but that's what happens when laws become so convoluted, never understood why simple language is not used for laws.

Because the only real reason why the law exists is to screw people, for the most part. Convoluted language is used as a means of deception.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Everything is so upside down right now. People are accepting ridiculous situations that would have been laughed at in the past. Conditioning is paying off.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm baffled about not only why they are holed up in a relative's basement, but also why they even bothered wasting $500 on court filing fees. Take the $500 and use it to replace the front door you kicked down entering your home to throw the trespassers out on their butts.

top topics

join