It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Meditated Myself Into A Coma [LEWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Okay not an actual coma. Let me start at the beginning.

I have recently undergone what some would call a spiritual awakening, or finding "god" or "oneness/the one". I have a different name for this entity but that is for another thread.

I have always considered myself a spiritual agnostic. I wanted to think there was something more to this universe than what we could see and measure, but being a scientist at heart I always needed "proof". However I have always been very analytic and would spend much time in deep consideration of who things around me worked and effected each other. It may some counter intuitive but I have found that this ability to completely lose my self in thought has helped me to achieve deeper levels of meditation. There have been many informative threads here on ATS on how to heighten your experience when meditating, so to those authors and participants thank you.

I have found that I meditate best in the shower. It is the only place in my house I can be assured I wont be disturbed, and the rhythmic falling of the water is very soothing. Now recently I was attempting to meditate but had pulled a muscle earlier in the day and couldn't get my mind past the discomfort. I adjusted the way i was sitting to alleviate the pain. (I think this was the key). I closed my eyes and resumed my meditation. I clear my mind by focusing on a point of light i conjure in my minds eye. As I called the light into existence I immediately noticed a difference in how my mind responded to it. The light seemed to move of its own accord. No matter how much I attempted to focus, the light did not move in the way I was attempting to move it. I began to feel like I was falling, falling into an endless abyss. And the light seemed to be guiding me. I sat up strait and snapped open my eyes. My heart was racing. I was both exhilarated and terrified at the same time. I calmed my racing heart and made sure I wasn't just having a stroke. No numbness, no tingling. No blurred vision or shortness of breath. I seemed to be fine. I decided to try again. I resumed sitting in the new position. Closed my eyes and conjured the point of light. For the first moment it seemed to be the normal experience, as if I was in control. Then the point of light began to pulsate, emitting a range of different colors and hues I cant accurately describe. I felt myself begin to fall. Immediately I wanted to open my eyes and regain control. I focused on controlling my heart beat and breathing. I fought with myself, part of me wanting to let the light go to wake, the other wanting to remain. Then I found the right string in my mind and just stopped struggling, just let go of the fear. The last thing I remember was thinking how easy it was to give up all control.

The next thing I know my wife was shaking me pleading for me to wake up. She had come in and found me unconscious, it took five minutes to wake me she said. I had been in the shower for two and a half hours. The water was ice cold but oddly it felt as if the cold had not begun to effect me until I woke up. I have no memory of anything after falling and before waking up. I know the concept of lost time in alien abduction cases, maybe this is something similar however, I in no way think I was abducted. I have done some meditating (not in the shower) on this but remain puzzled. I haven't attempted to recreate the depth of my experience again but I think I will. I just hope if I take it slow and focus perhaps I can control it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I was originally going to post this in Philosophy and Metaphysics, but I though the story would work well here.

I am looking for feed back. If anyone has any ideas on what happened or other similar or related experiences that would be awesome. I have only been doing meditation for about a year.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

that is a very interesting experience.

i have heard of this falling feeling before, have not experienced it, but i would say it is your spirit leaving out of your body... but i dont know why it would give you a falling feeling. from what i know when you get to a point of meditation and you leave your body that it is like you just step out of yourself.. but this does not sound like this kind of experience.

i am curious to why you do not remember what the experience was.. i would think that something did happen but for some reason your mind is not letting you to remember it... in my opinion something important must have went down.

i think it would be a good idea to try and get to this experience again, and this time focus harder and try and stay conscious to what is going on... maybe not totally let yourself go all the way, if that makes sense, but keep your conscious thought with you.

great post.. i love hearing things like this!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Awareness entered the sushumna channel and fell into its source, which is without thought. Hence the reason people go to monasteries and become monks or hermits. You might want to think twiceabout meditating in a shower, and put all your ducks in a row if you want to explore the source much deeper

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: coven83

I know that this was literally written in 2012, but the crazy thing is this EXACT same thing happened to me this AM! That’s so BIZARREEEE! Being slightly confused by it, I researched and it brought me here. Still not a lot of answers but definitely makes me feel a least a little bit more normal. I was even in the shower too! Wow...just wow..Perfect explanation. Thank you for this.
edit on 26-11-2018 by Tblake because: Misspelling.

top topics

join