It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook wants to be your online bank in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Facebook, the social media giant is quietly supporting new services for banks that want to engage socially with their customers in Australia.

Someday soon, Facebook users may pay their utility bills, balance their checkbooks, and transfer money at the same time they upload vacation photos to the site for friends to see. Facebook is quietly planning just such an offering with Australia's Commonwealth Bank. Currently in an internal beta, with the first version built in March, the application is expected to launch sometime this year to customers. It will allow Facebook users who are bank customers to make payments to third parties as well as Facebook friends through the social media channel, according to the bank. Commonwealth will secure transactions with its own authentication system -- similar to how payments are secured on its online and mobile banking site, a spokesperson says.

tech.fortune.cnn.com...

Australia to be a testing ground, yet again. This seems to be a recipe for disaster with Facebook's security flaws.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Online banking is bad enough without facebook. Its a neccessary evil in my line of work though. But i use a very small local bank, less likely to be attempted to hack into.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Should I share this on my facebook page?

I always thought Australia was a nice little testing ground for everything NWO related.

The Americans get it pushed into their faces.

We Australians get it served up on a nice, barbecued sausage sandwich.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

well, as history proves again and again..."there are alot of stupid people out there" and facebook keeps showing the massive amount of people committed to keeping that intact.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Didn't Goldmann Nutsachs buy a massive share in FaceBook last year? It may be related to that.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow, I cant believe people would actually agree to this. I actually think its kind of funny.. =D

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alittleironic
Wow, I cant believe people would actually agree to this. I actually think its kind of funny.. =D

Only people stupid enough to use facebook religiously would use it.

And it would suck in life to be them in the first place, they deserve it. lol

top topics

join