It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why even bother with speaking about Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Seriously.

Why bother? Besides breaking news, there is no reason. It all comes down to the same thing. One side says they don't want them to pursue nuclear technology because they will use it, the other side says that there is no reason for them not to pursue nuclear technology.

From then it eventually comes down to a "who has the biggest" discussion instead of actually trying to deny ignorance and find out why they are pursuing this technology, the reasons behind it and who would have what to gain from them having it/not having it.

There are the people who "know" that the 12ers want to bring about death and destruction, there are the people that claim their human rights record is horrible so that shows they will use a nuke, there are people who "know" that Iran isn't building a bomb, there are people who "know" they are building a bomb.

Question for you all....if you absolutely know this....why are you not working for the Intelligence of your country instead of spouting conjecture as fact?

Edit: I'm sure I am guilty of it once or twice, but, I have the same sources of information you have, I just choose to look at it at face value.
edit on 14-7-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

one never know who's working for who, for example several days ago a person was captured on the island of cyprus, he was on a silent list and as of posting this reply about 24hrs ago he is currently being interrogated by mossad. intelligence officers.

P.S. He was on his way to Syria with a western passport...go figure..

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It does get boring and usually ends with some guy involving religion into it. I think I'd rather discuss lolcatz.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

you know people and media are interested about iran because they know that last days and future of humanity will take place in middle east and this big country in the middle of middle east with odd political system and odd ideas and foreign policy is a good target for them to make their stories.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotAct

Exactly my point! No one knows for sure what is happening besides the leaders on opposing sides.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes9

you know people and media are interested about iran because they know that last days and future of humanity will take place in middle east and this big country in the middle of middle east with odd political system and odd ideas and foreign policy is a good target for them to make their stories.

That is right. They are different from us western countries so, why let them try to be like us? Whether they are trying for nukes, or nuclear energy.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It is funny that none of the regular "Iran thread" people chimed in on this thread!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why talk about it? Well here in Canada TD bank has blocked off all accounts of Iranians living in Canada so they can't transact between Canada and Iran...

Why?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I know, I'm Canadian too.
So besides posting about it (like I said before) what are you doing about it?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

a picture worth a thousand words:

piglipstick.blogspot.com...
scroll down halfway

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yes, I find it funny that USA helped Iran develop their nuclear tech at the beginning! Now they are the bad guy.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

perhaps this will put it in perspective
allow me to introduce you to arthur silber

To underscore the personal meaning of events of international scope, I offer three scenarios on a small scale. These events don't involve countries and entire peoples. The players are a few individuals, and the setting is a single neighborhood.

It's your neighborhood, and you're one of the players.

Situation One:

Several of Sam's friends are viciously murdered. Sam says he knows who did it, and he can prove it. Most people, including Sam, think that the suspected murderer is hiding in Tom's house. Sam demands that Tom surrender the alleged killer. Tom responds that he'd be happy to do so; Tom requests only that Sam show him the evidence that the suspected killer is, in fact, guilty. Sam insists he has the evidence, so Tom can't imagine why the request would be problematic.

Sam refuses Tom's offer and repeats his demand that Tom surrender the supposedly guilty man without conditions. Tom says again that he'd be glad to comply with Sam's demand; he only asks that Sam offer the evidence that Sam says he has. This back-and-forth continues; neither Sam nor Tom will alter his position. In frustration, Tom finally declares: "Look, I'll do everything you demand. You say you have evidence proving he's guilty. So show it to me. Then you can have him. You can have everything you say you want."

At that point, Sam yells: "THIS MEANS WAR!!" Sam means it. He kills Tom and his entire family, destroys Tom's house, murders several of his neighbors and wrecks much of the neighborhood.

Seeming Madness: The Suffocating Unreality that Kills

How would you describe Sam's behavior? Note that, in all of these scenarios, Sam's victim repeatedly assures Sam that he can have whatever Sam says he wants. Every time, despite the fact that Sam can have everything he says he wants -- and despite the further fact that Sam gets everything he says he wants -- Sam's only response is: "THIS MEANS WAR!!"

We can certainly conclude that what Sam says he wants is not what he actually wants. The scenarios compel a further conclusion, an especially terrible one: what Sam actually wants can be achieved in only one way -- the destruction of his victim. And as I've indicated, the destruction always encompasses more than just a single victim: other people are destroyed as well.

It is tempting to say that Sam is a homicidal maniac. In one sense, that's true, and I will not argue the point. But the full truth is far worse: what if Sam isn't "just" a homicidal maniac? What if he knows exactly what he wants and has set in motion a plan to achieve it? Note this: so far, Sam's plan has worked.

For this is the view of the ruling class: "America is God. God's Will be done."

What they want is dominion over the world. They intend to have it. In pursuit of this aim, as they believe the necessity arises, they will destroy anyone and anything that stands in their way. To describe their behavior as insane is to miss the much more critical point, and to minimize the far greater danger. They know exactly what they're doing. They're hoping that you do not. To date, far too many people oblige them.

Don't help them in their pursuit of brutality, oppression, murder and vast destruction. I state again: they know exactly what they're doing. Be sure you judge them accordingly.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I agree with you wholeheartedly. While I wanted to remain neutral for this thread ( lol ), this is exactly how America is being viewed. The many that were fooled with the Iraq WMD lies, and swore they never would fall for more lies again, are seemingly falling for the same lie, the only thing that changed is the last consonant.
edit on 14-7-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Precisely why I dropped out of those threads.

If we pulled up a thread from two years ago, it would be reading almost identical to the ones popping up today.

Then you finally realize that some people just use the topic and say the same things over and over and over and over again just to garner more stars and flags!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Precisely why I dropped out of those threads.

If we pulled up a thread from two years ago, it would be reading almost identical to the ones popping up today.

Then you finally realize that some people just use the topic and say the same things over and over and over and over again just to garner more stars and flags!

Hahaha, I'm sure I'm guilty of that too! The one that really gets me, is when they have no arguement, nothing intelligent to say, so they put a pic of a guy with his head in the sand and say, "this is you". I mean really? Is that helping their arguement at all? hahaha

I'm all for discussing/debating the Iran issue, but, some people can't handle it. The usual suspects drop out of a thread as soon as it is off the main page. I think they just loves them some stars!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I stay out of this topic because for now it's nothing more than gorilla chest pounding and saber rattling.

I'm waiting for something to happen, like maybe Iran blocking the straight.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Well, I hope they don't. While I believe the sanctions against them are not right, I don't understand why they seem (in my mind anyways) to be poking the hornets nest.

new topics

top topics

join