It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Flag: Chemical Warfare Agents Being Moved in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The article describes how the Assad regime "maybe" moving stockpiles of weapons from storage and could "potentially" unleash them against the opposition fighters or others.

Source

A portion of Syria's large stockpile of chemical warfare agents have been removed from holding sites, raising fears in the United States that the Assad government might be prepared to unleash the materials on opposition fighters or others

If we go back to June 10th, RT reported something a little different. That the armed Syrian opposition has acquired chemical weapons from Libya and are being trained in it's use in Turkey, and plan on using them against civilians, then pin it on Assad.

Source

The armed Syrian opposition has got their hands on chemical weapons, which they acquired from Libya, a media report claims. They allegedly plan to use it against civilians and pin the atrocity on the Bashar al-Assad regime.

The report by DamPress claims the opposition group in possession of the weapons is being trained in its use inside Turkey. No further detail on the alleged conspiracy is given.

These weapons may have been transferred after Libya's new rulers took over. In November 2011 Syrian rebels and Libyan authorities met in Istanbul, along with Turkish officials. They were offered arms and potentially volunteers.

Source

At the meeting, which was held in Istanbul and included Turkish officials, the Syrians requested "assistance" from the Libyan representatives and were offered arms, and potentially volunteers.

"There is something being planned to send weapons and even Libyan fighters to Syria," said a Libyan source, speaking on condition of anonymity. "There is a military intervention on the way. Within a few weeks you will see."

Alternative sources
1 / 2

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Assad isn't stupid. He knows that using chemical weapons would be the end of Syria, and perhaps the end of the Middle East. He may have threatened to use these in the past, but it was all a deterrent. If he were to use chemicals on any of the neighbouring countries it would be a massacre due to the retaliations from all sides.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe...love it.

If only bush had said Iraq "maybe" has weapons of mass destruction...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, this is a whole different forum from the other thread..and a better one anyway..so, why not?

I think Assad is worried and he's being intelligent here. Days before Syria started moving these, Obama's people and the media were talking all over about how the rebels might steal them so //be scared everyone// we need to go get Syria to prevent that! My take is that Assad isn't putting it past Obama to hand the rebels everything down to door codes for the bunkers if our intelligence has it, to make this war happen for himself.

Personally...I think Assad would be right to worry, too. Now Syria has had Chemical Weapons for a few decades. Not years...decades. It's as open a "secret" as Israel being Nuclear and I'd say it's been a fine counter-balance to that very thing, when one thinks about it. I'd even wager that's been the point of them.

He hasn't used them in this civil war and he hasn't threatened to. Assuming he'd use them is playing rationalizations for going to a war we have no business starting here, in my opinion.

Oh... Sorry.. forgot what I was going to say on the main topic. lol....... The rebels need an education. It can start with chemistry and end somewhere around where the subject of markers is taught. Pop away, morons. The weapons Gadaffi freely surrendered to the world in 2003 were seen and studied by many nations...and the markers recorded pretty widely.
May as well sign their name.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's weapons of mass deception/destruction all over again.

We all know whats gonna happen. Anyone willing to bet otherwise?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rabbi4Peace
Assad isn't stupid. He knows that using chemical weapons would be the end of Syria, and perhaps the end of the Middle East. He may have threatened to use these in the past, but it was all a deterrent. If he were to use chemicals on any of the neighbouring countries it would be a massacre due to the retaliations from all sides.

No, he isn't stupid, but I am quite sure if he sees THE END coming, he will launch those missiles. Syria has a top notch missile program and shouldn't be underestimated.

top topics

join