It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution Free Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Normally under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the American people are not generally subject to random and arbitrary stops and searches.

The border, however, has always been an exception. There, the longstanding view is that the normal rules do not apply. For example the authorities do not need a warrant or probable cause to conduct a “routine search.”

But what is “the border”? According to the government, it is a 100-mile wide strip that wraps around the “external boundary” of the united states

As a result of this claimed authority, individuals who are far away from the border, American citizens traveling from one place in America to another, are being stopped and harassed in ways that our Constitution does not permit.

www.aclu.org...

I do not support this. The constitution should not have free zone and a hundred miles is way too much. One mile is too much. No citizen should be exempt from their constitutional rights. Most people don't know that this zone exists.

TSA and border patrols need to go, or change the rules so that they obey the Constitution. This nonsense has got to stop and be stopped somehow.

Posting Work Written By Others
edit on 7/11/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Note--Replaced Quote tags with proper EX tags -- added mod note.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

This sort of thing is beyond just the spreading of a dangerous and scary trend: It's the new reality. And it's exactly the kind of thing that should set off alarm bells for every citizen, but--oops--they're all engrossed in their smarphones while engorging the aisles at Walmart. They probably wouldn't appreciate someone distracting them with this sort of thing. Shhh.... Better not bother them with it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
America is no different than the Saint Nick that became Santa.

The name remains but the namesake is unidentifiable.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have a problem with the ACLU map that shows all of Michigan, and parts of Wisconsin and Illinois in this constitution free zone. Technically, Lake Michigan is the only Great Lake completely within the U.S. borders and it's much farther from our international border with Canada than 100 miles. Maybe they consider Lake Michigan international waters? I bet they would have a problem with the Chinese and Russian navy doing exercises in any of the Great Lakes, much less Lake Michigan.

Just go to Google maps and check the distance from the Canadian border. Basically, in the southern lower peninsula, if you are west of 127, and north bound 69, then your rights should still be safe. Then starting with Midland and going north to I-75, west of there should be safe. Now cut across from Roscommon to Kalkaska and most of that northern tip of the lower is inside the 100 mile constitution free zone. Most of the eastern U.P. west to about 41, and all of the Kewinaw peninsula is also in the constitution free zone.

I wonder about 100 miles from Indian reservations, if that is included considering they are more or less foreign countries within our borders. That would cover most of the western states.

Does anyone know why Lake Michigan is considered inside this 100 mile border zone? The ACLU wasn't too helpful in this respect.

I'll be posting this in every thread with this topic. Thanks for any replies in advance.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Amerika.
Land of the free.
Home of the oblivious.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
One could argue the constitution was written so as to protect citizens from an oppressive federal government. One could also argue that such things as "constitution free zones" violate the very spirit of the aforementioned document.

The most alarming thing is that so many sit idly by while such things happen. There's no outrage, there's no mass demonstrations, no fixing the problem at the polls.

If anyone is to blame for this, it's us.

new topics

top topics

join