It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revitalizing Detroit could be as easy as flooding the city with zombies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I thought this was kind of amusing, but yet disturbing at the same time lol. Apparently, things are so bad in Detroit that the politicians want to build a zombie amusement. This only reason its disturbing (depends on how you look at I suppose) is the reports of all the zombie attacks lately. I don't know, I guess its kind of a cool way to make money (a lot of people will probably go for this lol).

Inspired by The Heidelberg Project which turned an abandoned street into an art destination, Z World Detroit wouldn't feature fancy roller coasters and rides. Instead, it's being billed as an authentic zombie invasion experience. Not unlike a paintball game, visitors would form teams tasked with hunting down safehouses and supplies. After a brief period of time, a small group of zombies would be unleashed on the 200 acre park, all with the intention of turning other visitors into zombies. There are no zombie-proof condos here — surviving the night will require fast thinking, fast legs, and one hell of a good hiding spot. A zombie survival map wouldn't hurt, either. So, what are the odds your next vacation could put you front and center into a post-apocalyptic zombie wasteland? Admittedly, not great — Z World Detroit is a pretty radical idea, even for a city as desperate as Detroit, and the fundraiser for the project is barely past 4% of its $145,000 goal. Still, we think the idea is super cool, and we hope that somehow this idea gets off the ground.

I can see it all now though...the city builds a zombie themed amusement park to bring in funding for the city, but you know what would be really ironic? This is where the zombie apocalypse starts...(sorry had to throw that in there) Anyway, looks like it might be fun, but preparing people at the same time? Hmmm....anyway, just wondering what others thought.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 10-7-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

That would actually be pretty epic. If the logistics could be worked out, it would be awesome! You'd just have to worry about all the ways it could go wrong. You know, with the whole carrying around weaponlike objects in a high crime area and all that.

Really though, that could be quite exciting!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Who thinks some nutcases will use this as a chance to sneak in and kill someone? After all, when you know that someone is going to attack you, it'll be too late when you realize it's a genuine assault.

The perfect cover.

Other than that, I love the idea. I've always wanted to go on a zombie crusade...sports just don't get any better than huntin' some zombies.
edit on 10-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
good idea.

everyone could wear and electronic harness, that if touched by a "zombie" turns from green to red. zombies are red and people are green.

if your harness is touched by a someone wearing a red harness, yours turns red and now you are a zombie.

last green harness standing could get their zombie weekend for free!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Um, my understanding (2nd hand, admittedly) is that the city already looks like it was hit by a zombie apocalypse, complete with broken souls trudging along in search of easy prey, it's free, and still nobody dares go there.

I suppose they could just flood a couple of streets near Eminem's old neighborhood with cops but not actually clean it up, and pretend that it's a historical recreation of an area that has since rebounded... You think the good people of Detroit could be good sports about a bunch of Californians who were too cheap or too afraid to go to New York just strolling in thinking it's a theme park?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Something like this......Detroit Zombie Theme Park.....

Yeah...that's the ticket....

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

surviving the night will require fast thinking, fast legs, and one hell of a good hiding spot. A zombie survival map wouldn't hurt, either.

Sounds like any old night in Detroit to me...

Seriously though, years back there was a place you could go play paintball in downtown Detroit. It was in an old 4 or 5 story abandoned manufacturing facility. It had catwalks, sub basements, huge tracks that once held moving cranes, and piles and piles of junk (old gas masks, typewriters, etc), some sort of two story break room or command center in the middle. Pretty much anything was within limits, within the rules of paintball itself, because the building was condemned anyway. Had a really good time playing up there until it was closed down. I was actually pretty surprised that no one ever fell to their death on those old, icy catwalks running around the top of the place.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What about setting up a zombie park in the woods somewhere? Let's say 2000 acres, with a mix of woods and fields. You could have run-down cabins sprawled about, it would be fenced in so only contestants and zombies are playing. Some woods are dense and covered in underbrush and some are clear. You could have trails running through the place where ambushes are common. Could you imagine playing at night? Now that would be scary. You could have different factions competing against eachother and the zombies. Maybe even a few underground bunkers or a small lake with an island in the middle?

Any investors?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well the city has hit a 25% loss of population since 9/11 according to CNN. Fact of Faked had
an episode claiming that there are warehouses reverse engineering alien tech. What do we trade back for it?
I remember seeing people say they believe we allow them to take cows, humans etc
in order to try to engineer a alien capable of living in our environment. Let's see what else? Detroit is home of devils night. Alleged home of the manufacteured TR-3B and test city. Also Detroit and Windsor Ontario
were having sounds of trumpets or alien ships. Loads of videos on that, which surfaced 5 plus months ago.

So a lot of weird things. I lived there and remember having a terrible nightmare of the city being on fire and tons of destruction. It really scared me for a dream. I also seen those TR-3B planes I thought there was something scary about them how they flew low and banked really crazy while having a "mono"
like sound to them. One night I seen a helicopter that had the same characteristics which was very eerie.

new topics

top topics

join