It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Life 2 Relese date

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've been hearing alot of different release dates, from Augst 2004 till March 2005.... Does anyone know the actual release date?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA!!!! Nope

After somebody cracked the server and got the source code, production got set WAY back. If I remember it was still in Beta testing, and wouldnt be out for quite a while.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah, apperantly 2 people stole the code, and left Valve nothing, they had to rebuild almost everything. anyway I think thats out of the way now but I'm still unclear of the release date

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
NO valve still had teh old source code but it was comprimised and they couldnt ethically put it out there. Hopefully itll be out hiere soon

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The release date is November 1st 2004.

www.ebgames.com...

If i remember correctly, if you do pre-order the game, they allow you to actually download the game ahead of time, then when it is 'officially' released they turn on the access to the game so you don't even have to make a journey to your local gaming store : )

My friend has signed up for it and i saw him downloading the source. Get it while you can!

Sadly, I have to wait until I upgrade my CPU from a 1.2 ghz celeron to a 3.2 ghz HT 800 fsb 1 mb cache p4

[Edited on 8-10-2004 by Aether]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There is no "Official" release date but with the release candidate already sent to Vevendi Games, most signs point to a november launch.

top topics

join