It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those mad at Obama for NDAA...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I agree that the NDAA passed by congress under Obama is potentially very disturbing for our civil liberties and rights (though I've also heard they included something about not applying to Americans). A lot of people are up in arms at Obama for this legislation that their elected congressional representatives wrote and passed.

My question is this- can anyone say honestly that George Bush, John McCain or Mitt Romney would have vetoed this bill? And if not why are you so mad at Obama instead of the entire elite political class that apparently wanted this to be passed?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

change,
hope

no change no hope

xploder

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Many angry with Obama over the NDAA are Obama supporters. They're angry because they know Bush/McCain would have endorsed it.

The fact that Obama shows himself to be no different than other presidents in this regard angers and upsets a lot of people who vited for him.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I honestly don't believe Bush would have done this and he had 8 years to do so under more trying circumstances for a sense of urgency and threat than Obama had. Bush had the FISA Courts and a new secret court added after 9/11 to give the Constitutional check and balance needed to at least preserve the appearance of legitimacy. It might not have been much but it was still an independent body seeing and considering warrants of..ahem..various kinds.

Obama's move bypassed even that last, small version of a check and balance to take the power entirely unto himself. Bush certainly laid the groundwork that brought us to the point where this could happen at all, but it was a line too far even for him, in my opinion. It crossed into the purely unconstitutional from a land of grey areas and judgement calls.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh Obama....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Who said we're not mad at the entire political class?

First he said he would veto it. I said, "Great. He definitely should veto it."
Somebody said, "Yeah, but the veto can be overriden."
I said, "Well, then, make them do it. Make them override it."

Then it turns out that his threat to veto was because he was in a snit because he claimed he already had those powers. Now I'm mad at the bastards who wrote it, those who sponsored it, and those who voted for it. And I'm mad at him--in fact at all of them--for their arrogance and disdain for the Constitution.

And, just to add--I'm also mad at the known/unknown unelected shadow government who pushed this through under cover of cowardice and secrecy.

And anyone else I might have left out, just so there's no misunderstanding of who I'm mad at....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What kind of question is that?? If Obama signed an order to execute babies, would you ask the same thing? The point is he's in a position to veto heinous immoral legislation like this, and he chose not to. Actually his administration proposed the provision, and when people found out about it, he promised to veto it.... and then on New Years Eve he SIGNED it. So he lied, broke another worthless promise, & did so in a manner that reeks of anti-human deviance.

Of course we're disgusted & appalled by the actions of this entire elite political/financial class, but that doesn't give him a free pass. Obama's a pathological lair, plain and simple; a successor in the modern line of nightmare presidents. His word means nothing, yet his actions speak volumes about who he serves.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I believe Bush and McCain wouldve let it stand as well. Dont know enough abour Romney yet to know if he would or not.

Bush is the one that created the DHS/TSA and allowed the patriot act. Bush allowed the beginning of the dissent into a police state but Obama is allowing it to be accelerated exponentially.

Btw, I am a Republican, sorta and I was an initial supporter of Bush.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Bush had the FISA Courts and a new secret court added after 9/11 to give the Constitutional check and balance

Wrong, Bush went against FISA which had been the law of the land since the 70's.

new topics

top topics

join