It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Stranger" In The Night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

i would advise you to have a chat with your roomie away from the house
and discuss the matter of setting up cameras and/or booby traps [non-lethal]

what with the homeless situation you may have a creeper sneaking in as suggested or an unwanted guest
also could have been a burglar you frightened off as well
don't ignore a possible animal "guest" either

be safe and ignore the "you're just imaging things" hypno-twaddle
from someone who'll come to no harm if wrong

or might even be your unwanted guest/creeper/part-time squatter

be grateful you're not waking up with all the furniture rearranged to the point that you think you're in the wrong house
that's what some creepers in the 70's used to do

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
Youre assuming you heard someone going UP the stairs. My guess (if you discount the mundane) would be someone upstairs you didnt know about (maybe your roommate left late or something even) going DOWN the stairs and out the back door.

Good point, but I followed up with them and they weren't home at the time. The back door is not the door used for leaving the house either.

Ok.. If it wasnt them, it was an intruder then.

Where does the back door lead? Why lock it if it doesnt lead somewhere unsecured? Why even mention it the way you did if it wasnt relavent?

But... After reading your other responses to others offering logical suggestions, i see youre not interested in logical explanations.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I knew that right away people would be focusing on the house settling theory and though it is worth a mention, my opinion is that if you had the slightest impression that it could have been that then you wouldn't have made this thread. You deserve that much credit at least (I hope).

I hope you find a solid explanation. It may not be what most people expect. We tend to believe that the universe holds no surprises because almost all of the time it is a mundane, predictable place. But it is also a very large and complex place and logically we can't say that an unconventional explanation isn't possible.

I like the idea of setting up a camera too.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I knew that right away people would be focusing on the house settling theory and though it is worth a mention, my opinion is that if you had the slightest impression that it could have been that then you wouldn't have made this thread. You deserve that much credit at least (I hope).

Why did the OP have to make the assumption that this was anything other than something ordinary and explainable. If they only heard a few creaks, logically it does not follow that whatever made the sounds was moving to the upstairs or from the upstairs, what happened with all of the sound of that travel? Why could the OP not write off hearing a sound without explanation being a false perception, instead favoring the explanation that their perception is in no way faulty, and what they believe they heard was exactly what they heard? Seems more like OP is interested in verifying what they already think happened, rather than the actual truth.

I hope you find a solid explanation.

Why is "what you thought you were hearing isn't exactly what you were actually hearing" not a solid explanation? Is it because you don't value truth, or you wish to confirm your beliefs in something other?

It may not be what most people expect. We tend to believe that the universe holds no surprises because almost all of the time it is a mundane, predictable place.

What evidence leads you to believe that the explanation for OPs anecdote is anything other than mundane? I'll wait for this explanation.

But it is also a very large and complex place and logically we can't say that an unconventional explanation isn't possible.

I will contend that. But given that an unconventional explanation for any "sounds" in the night has ever been supported, there is no reason to immediately jump to that conclusion.

I like the idea of setting up a camera too.

How will this provide an explanation to an event that occurred once?

Be easy.
edit on 7/8/12 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join