It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Our Soldiers Return Home, Redundant & Homeless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
20,000 soldiers are about to be made redundant in the UK. I have heard how this will affect our ability to defend our shores but no one has mentioned all the other results.

What happens to these people that have risked so much at the behest of flaccid, greedy, uncaring politicians?

Where do the single ex servicemen live? We have a severe shortage of housing now. Cameron has announced his intention to cut subsidised rents. So these jobless, homeless people whose hero status appears already forgotten will live where?

The soon to be Ex servicemen/women who now live in married quarters will be given notice to quit their homes. I have been told it is a months notice. Hardly time to find alternative accommodation let alone move or finance the cost of that move.

Cameron is moving to dismantle OUR NHS further towards a private system. Where does this leave our injured/disabled and mentally damaged ex service men and their families?

I expect to see the homeless on our streets increase hugely by these cuts and to hear from Tories it is their choice to live rough.

Heroes indeed. They have given so much and are about to receive very little. Jobless and homeless. The fact my points are being kept in the dark tells me the great and the good don’t care and do not want to hear.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
20,000 soldiers are about to be made redundant in the UK. I have heard how this will affect our ability to defend our shores but no one has mentioned all the other results.

I have heard the Australian government will be hiring some of these 20,000 soldiers in return for Aussie citizenship. Anyway, I don't think any countries are about to invade the UK, but how will the UK be able to help Australia if we were invaded, remember, you don't have 3 billion Asians to the north of your country.
The UK has hardly any army left I've heard.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
there is a thread running right now about panhandlers
in US. (fox news reporter). talks about homeless people
apparently, 1 in 3 homeless is a war vet
so you shouldnt be surprised for it to happen in UK

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 7-7-2012 by jikwan because: because

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There are moves to raise this issue in the biggest possible way later on this month, see this thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I urge everyone to give our troops the support they deserve, and if you can, turn out to cheer them on when they march on the pinheads that have put them in this position.

Roy.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Excellent post and as we come up on Armistice day in the UK, we all need to remember those who have served and protected the country.

Words in this instance are cheap so what can we all do to ensure that our MPs are fully aware of the great concern in the UK at the failure to offer their heroes the support they deserve. It is easy to find the contact details for your MP. Please take a few minutes to show these heroes that their service to the country is worth it.

Remember, you do not have to agree with the decisions of our leaders to send our military into action. Punish our leaders not the military who serve and have served.

top topics

join