It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet, priest or servant.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
"the greatest among you will be the servent of all" is a doctrine of someone else's, anyone who ascribes to such a thing is only fit to be a servant.

I disagree. The higher, or he who has more, ought to always and forever come to serve and raise up what is lower to increasingly higher heights, not to be served, or stand alone on some pedestal.

And if we cannot learn from the great prophets of old, simply because someone else said it first, then that's just foolishness, and arrogant. There's very little that's new under the sun.

The prophet is a man who, like an artist, brings forth things both old and new in his effort to generate novel forms that are capable of evoking excitement and enthusiasm in others.

He is also very passionate, and engaged, very active in moving things forward or even working to hold open a gate of freedom so that others might freely come and go and find "new pasture" or new domains of new possibility for themselves.

He'll go to the wall for the sake of what's right.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by SwissMarked

In spite of the obstacles and challenges, a prophet, imho, is someone who is able to maintain a great sense of humor, and a joy that overcomes the world. He is able to laugh at himself and he invites others to laugh right along with him at the absurdity of our shared predicament, until we all, once imprisoned in subjective prison cells of our own making, see the open door through which we can boldly and joyfully walk straight into the light of reason, relative to which everything that is unreasonable becomes nothing but the comedic material of the joke of the ages.

It's kind of difficult to not just shake my head and laugh most of the time... if I didn't possess that ability I have a feeling I'd be filled with an infinite sadness that would be overwhelming...

The last 12 years of my life have been with a darkness that I would not wish on anyone... but out of that darkness came a light just last Saturday night that I never expected and already appears to be extinguished... at the very least it gave me a hope that there is brightness at the end of the tunnel that I'd almost given up on it's existence...

I realize that my words and more importantly actions carry a lot of weight with those I come in contact with so I tend to over think and over analyze absolutely everything... it's difficult for me to "take my hands off the wheel" and let someone else "steer" because I realize that most really don't know what they're doing and saying... but when I get that "gut feeling" I'll take the "leap of faith" every time...

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life but none would be greater than not learning from each of them and allowing history to repeat itself...

One day I'll look back on this past week which has felt like a month because someone embraced me for the first time in since forever and literally made it feel like the world stood still...

I know she believes in me... I just hope she'll believe in herself enough to understand that I never harbor ill will... I resent no one for the things they do because everything is a learning process for everyone and we're all on a different curve...

The last thing she said to me was "I love you"... and as much as it hurts for me to have dealt with the last 24 hours the way they've played out... one day we'll look back on it and laugh... which is what always makes all the pain worthwhile...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

"the greatest among you will be the servent of all" is a doctrine of someone else's, anyone who ascribes to such a thing is only fit to be a servant.

I disagree. The higher, or he who has more, ought to always and forever come to serve and raise up what is lower to increasingly higher heights, not to be served, or stand alone on some pedestal.

I'm not saying to put the prophet on a pedestal.
That is the last thing he himself would do. I'm saying remove the pedestal and do as he does, not preach what he does, not live how others preach what he does, but become a prophet ourselves and inspire by example. It's as easy as getting off our knees. Everyone is capable of this. The prophet is just a human after-all. But I have to wonder if a prophet is possible anymore? Or are we doomed to merely accept what's given to us instead of taking it upon ourselves to be creators.

And if we cannot learn from the great prophets of old, simply because someone else said it first, then that's just foolishness, and arrogant. There's very little that's new under the sun.

I said there was great excellence in what they teach, and I didn't say there was no value in them. I'm trying to discover if we can learn something from they way they lived, and apply that to our own lives. It can be argued that their wisdom is irrelevant, but how they used it is not.

The prophet is a man who, like an artist, brings forth things both old and new in his effort to generate novel forms that are capable of evoking excitement and enthusiasm in others.

He is also very passionate, and engaged, very active in moving things forward or even working to hold open a gate of freedom so that others might freely come and go and find "new pasture" or new domains of new possibility for themselves.

Good description. I don't think anything is wrong with this. A prophet is able to discover on his own accord that working for a greater good is important. He can conclude this with reason and empathy. He doesn't need to be told, or guided in any way. He can also conclude that being active is essential, and kindness is indeed a virtue, but he needn't be told or taught to do this. Priests and servants however search for that guidance, not by necessity, but by choice.

I appreciate your insights.

edit on 6-7-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

But I have to wonder if a prophet is possible anymore? Or are we doomed to merely accept what's given to us instead of taking it upon ourselves to be creators.

Every Prophet is intimately connected to the collective unconscious. So, there will always be overlap between the views of a Prophet and the views of other Prophets. Therefore, it can appear that a Prophet is accepting something given to him when its really the case that a Prophet is accepting whats downloaded to him from the collective unconscious. The archetypes of the collective unconscious are in us all, Prophet or not.

Mana-personality. A personified archetypal image of a supernatural force.

The mana-personality is a dominant of the collective unconscious, the well-known archetype of the mighty man in the form of hero, chief, magician, medicine-man, saint, the ruler of men and spirits, the friend of God.[The Mana-Personality,"CW7, par. 377.]

Historically, the mana-personality evolves into the hero and the godlike being, whose earthly form is the priest. How very much the doctor is still mana is the whole plaint of the analyst![Ibid, par. 389.]

Mana is a Melanesian word referring to a bewitching or numinous quality in gods and sacred objects. A mana-personality embodies this magical power. In individual psychology, Jung used it to describe the inflationary effect of assimilating autonomous unconscious contents, particularly those associated with anima and animus.

The ego has appropriated something that does not belong to it. But how has it appropriated the mana? If it was really the ego that conquered the anima, then the mana does indeed belong to it, and it would be correct to conclude that one has become important. But why does not this importance, the mana, work upon others? . . . It does not work because one has not in fact become important, but has merely become adulterated with an archetype, another unconscious figure. Hence we must conclude that the ego never conquered the anima at all and therefore has not acquired the mana. All that has happened is a new adulteration. [Ibid, par. 380.]

www.jungny.com...

edit on 6-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The Prophet

"it is difficult to determine whether their principles are to this day still relevant, as sometimes thousands of years stretch between them and modern times."

The Prophet has ALWAYS been relevant simply because God always uses them to speak through:

"Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

Whether or not we listen, believe, or heed their warnings is totally irrelevant.

Originally posted by boncho
I think the real question, is where are all the divine messengers nowadays?"...

Prophets have NEVER been real popular for obvious reasons.

Someone recently created an excellent thread on the subject:

Do the Harbingers of Ancient Israel Mean the Destruction of America?

The quotes below are from Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj who is one of the best examples of a modern day "Elijah". His prophecies have been coming to pass for many years.

Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj was visited by the prophet Zechariah and by Jesus and angels while he was in Jerusalem.

Zechariah gave him the following Scripture:

“Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then the Lord will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle.” Zechariah 14:1-3 NKJV

After reading I looked up at the saint and asked, What does the scripture mean? He said:

“The city of Jerusalem is going to be divided very soon.“

That was the shocking statement that he made. And I just looked at him and said, Sir how is it possible? And then he explained to me what are the ramifications that are going to take place. How it is going to take place.

And when we came here on the 5th of December, I spent the whole day in prayer. I waited on the Lord and as soon as I entered into my room I saw this huge mighty angel.

I asked, what Word have you brought? And he reiterated the same thing, The city is going to be divided very soon. This is what you shall share and this is what is going to happen. And this is what is going to happen very soon now. It is going to be divided very soon.

A political trap will be laid out for the city to be captured. She will be deceived by those who love her.

Israel's closest ally will set a political trap for the city to be captured. (ZC NOTE - The USA is Israel's closest ally, and we KNOW Obama hates Israel.) Then the son of perdition (Obama?) will come to offer peace. A land for peace deal.

They will have no choice but to surrender half of the city. They will give it away, that is how the city will be divided.

God is not going to sit back and let all hell break loose. If you touch the apple of His eye, you will have to contend with God Himself. When Jerusalem is divided, there will be great earthquakes in many places around the world, followed by monster tidal waves. One wave came across the Pacific Ocean. I saw a vision what is going to happen to the United States of America which leads in this separation of Jerusalem.

I saw a 3 dimensional map. A mighty angel with a drawn sword said,

“This will be the judgment upon this nation who will turn her back against God's people!”

And with that, with the sword he pierced the very center of the land and cut it asunder.

The nations that were responsible for dividing Jerusalem, God will gather them for war to destroy them. Joel 3:2 and Zech 14:3 tells us like that. Joel 3:2 NKJV

Link 1 Link 2 (This was transcribed from the below video)

Above quote came from this video:

Skip ahead to 1hr & 21min. (unless you have 2 hours to spare):

A video by Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj about The "Watchers"

Japan Tsunami prediction

This man is being visited by chief prince angels over the nations where ever he visits:

What’s Next The Obama Presidency - Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj

"As I was praying, an angel of the Lord appeared to me, ...the chief prince angel of the United States of America. And he visited me that morning, and he told me Obama will be elected to office. I was shocked. I said, “That’s not what we want.” Then he said, “Days of captivity are appointed for this nation, and he is the man who will CARRY IT OUT.”

… So the first message that was given to me is “days of captivity”. Now the second message is this: “days of persecution”. This is the second word the angel brought unto me.

Tell them these two things. The nation will go into captivity. The church will go into captivity, but it is for good. Out of the captivity the fire will separate the wheat from the tares. See, this is the ultimate goal that God has.

Link to PDF (Link to the audio MP3 is inside the PDF)

"The angel of the Lord told me “in the days ahead if you are not a New World man you better be saved as you will not survive.” ~ Nita Johnson

"What must we do to do the works God requires?"

Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." John 6:28

edit on 6-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

giving the mathematically limited necessities in live,,, and a common denominator of activities that can be done,,, there exists groupings and trends and styles of living,,, regions,,, cultures,,, customs,,,, and then there are men that dont belong to a state or country, men of the world,,, men of philosophy or men of the universe,,, do you get what im trying to say? of course it would be awesome if the world was set up so that people who were like this can go live here in this land,,, and have their own laws and get along,,, and these thinkers can go here,,, and these hear,,,,,, but what would happen,,,, the rappists would get their own island and the heroin people theres? I guess we do have society and people still do whatever they want people get away with rap and using heroin,,,, but if they get caught,, they get sent to an island called prison,,, because the majority of citizens living in a productive and civil society,, deem that behavior hazards and disgraceful.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join